Air India should re consider A340-300 purchase.

Old June 2nd, 2004, 09:58 PM
Siva

Default Air India should re consider A340-300 purchase.

Air India should re consider A340-300 purchase.

Air India should change at least HALF of its orders in favor of Ultra
long range air crafts like A340-500, 600 or Boeing 777-200LR, 300ER.

Boeing has offered a very good deal for its 777-200LR. Air India
should consider this offer. Even if we order now, deliveries will
begin in 2006 and Boeing will have 777-200LR be ready by that time.

I think both 340-600 and 777-300ER will suit the Air India's need for
long range and ultra long range routs to Europe and the US.
It should consider using A340-600 or Boeing 777-300ER to replace the
leased 747-400 on routs to Newark (New York) and Chicago and use
A340-500 or 777-200LR to routs to LA and Dallas. This way all the US
routs will be non stop which will save lot of time and money (Landing
fee in Europe and etc).
Old June 3rd, 2004, 05:33 PM
Ulf Kutzner

Siva schrieb:

Air India should re consider A340-300 purchase.

Air India should change at least HALF of its orders in favor of Ultra
long range air crafts like A340-500, 600 or Boeing 777-200LR, 300ER.

[...]
I think both 340-600 and 777-300ER will suit the Air India's need for
long range and ultra long range routs to Europe and the US.
It should consider using A340-600 or Boeing 777-300ER to replace the
leased 747-400 on routs to Newark (New York) and Chicago and use
A340-500 or 777-200LR to routs to LA and Dallas. This way all the US
routs will be non stop which will save lot of time and money (Landing
fee in Europe and etc).

340-300 should be okay for routes to Europe, I guess?

Regards, ULF
Old June 7th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Siva

Ulf Kutzner wrote in message ...
Siva schrieb:

Air India should re consider A340-300 purchase.

Air India should change at least HALF of its orders in favor of Ultra
long range air crafts like A340-500, 600 or Boeing 777-200LR, 300ER.

[...]
I think both 340-600 and 777-300ER will suit the Air India's need for
long range and ultra long range routs to Europe and the US.
It should consider using A340-600 or Boeing 777-300ER to replace the
leased 747-400 on routs to Newark (New York) and Chicago and use
A340-500 or 777-200LR to routs to LA and Dallas. This way all the US
routs will be non stop which will save lot of time and money (Landing
fee in Europe and etc).

340-300 should be okay for routes to Europe, I guess?

Regards, ULF

As I mentioned, Air India should get A340-500, 600 or Boeing 777-200LR
for non stop routs to US. Since Air India is been offered good deal on
Ultra long range air crafts and the government is reconsidering the
long awaited deal. It has the option to reconsider and change at least
half to its order in favor of Ultra ling range air crafts.
Old June 7th, 2004, 07:36 PM
nobody

Siva wrote:
As I mentioned, Air India should get A340-500, 600 or Boeing 777-200LR
for non stop routs to US. Since Air India is been offered good deal on
Ultra long range air crafts and the government is reconsidering the
long awaited deal. It has the option to reconsider and change at least
half to its order in favor of Ultra ling range air crafts.

Note that current 340-300s have been refitted with updated engines that lessen
the problem of the 340-300 being a weak aircraft requiring pax to help push
the plane for takeoff. And they also have the new 340-500/600 interiors.

One must also consider any drawbacks of the 500/600 in terms of landing fees,
cargo capacity, and whether you're be flying a plane with half empty fuel
tanks because you only need very long range for a couple of flights.

India may be extra-long range to north america, but it isn't to europe.
Old June 9th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Siva

nobody wrote in message ws.com...
Siva wrote:
As I mentioned, Air India should get A340-500, 600 or Boeing 777-200LR
for non stop routs to US. Since Air India is been offered good deal on
Ultra long range air crafts and the government is reconsidering the
long awaited deal. It has the option to reconsider and change at least
half to its order in favor of Ultra ling range air crafts.

Note that current 340-300s have been refitted with updated engines that lessen
the problem of the 340-300 being a weak aircraft requiring pax to help push
the plane for takeoff. And they also have the new 340-500/600 interiors.

One must also consider any drawbacks of the 500/600 in terms of landing fees,
cargo capacity, and whether you're be flying a plane with half empty fuel
tanks because you only need very long range for a couple of flights.

India may be extra-long range to north america, but it isn't to europe.

Air India may go for long-haul aircraft and thinking about aqua ring
Ultra long range air craft like A340-500 or 777-200LR to compete
against Asian carriers like Emirates and Singapore Airlines.

Source:
http://inhome.rediff.com/money/2004/jun/08ai.htm
Old June 9th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Ulf Kutzner

Siva schrieb:

I think both 340-600 and 777-300ER will suit the Air India's need for
long range and ultra long range routs to Europe and the US.
It should consider using A340-600 or Boeing 777-300ER to replace the
leased 747-400 on routs to Newark (New York) and Chicago and use
A340-500 or 777-200LR to routs to LA and Dallas. This way all the US
routs will be non stop which will save lot of time and money (Landing
fee in Europe and etc).

340-300 should be okay for routes to Europe, I guess?

Regards, ULF

As I mentioned, Air India should get A340-500, 600 or Boeing 777-200LR
for non stop routs to US. Since Air India is been offered good deal on
Ultra long range air crafts and the government is reconsidering the
long awaited deal. It has the option to reconsider and change at least
half to its order in favor of Ultra ling range air crafts.

A agree they could need some ultra LR but I understand there is also a
growing demand on routes into Europe. Not sure about destinations like
China/Japan/Singapore.

Regards, ULF
Old June 10th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Petter Eftevik

Ulf Kutzner wrote in message ...

As I mentioned, Air India should get A340-500, 600 or Boeing 777-200LR
for non stop routs to US. Since Air India is been offered good deal on

A agree they could need some ultra LR but I understand there is also a
growing demand on routes into Europe. Not sure about destinations like
China/Japan/Singapore.

Regards, ULF

No need for LR Between India and Europe. Ait India should stick
to exellent A340-300 on all European destinations. Air India should
use A380 on trans Pacific flights.

pefter
Old June 11th, 2004, 02:55 AM
J M

Source:
http://inhome.rediff.com/money/2004/jun/08ai.htm

The information relating to Singapore Air and Emerits is appears to
incorrect. There is no direct flight from India to US any of thoese
airlines.