How do people successfully lose weight and keep it off

Old November 8th, 2006, 10:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Tina

Default How do people successfully lose weight and keep it off

How do people successfully lose weight and keep it off
Healthy low-calorie and low-fat diets as well as high levels of
physical activity are the foundation for success, according to the
researchers who maintain the National Weight Control Registry (NWCR), a
database of people who have self-reported successful weight loss and
maintenance of weight loss.
This is not difficult and requires selfcontrol :
http://www.obesitydiet.blogspot.com

Old November 8th, 2006, 10:31 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
H20

"Tina" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do people successfully lose weight and keep it off
snip spam

Eat less, excercise more, period!

Old November 8th, 2006, 11:41 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Tina wrote:
How do people successfully lose weight and keep it off

I've never had to lose weight because I've never had a BMI greater than
25.1. Today it's 24.7.

How do I do dat?

Easy. All my life, I've eaten enormous quantities of a wide variety of
healthful foods. I have consistently avoided fried foods, foods high in
salt, fat, and/or sugar. I do not drink sodas nor consume more than an
ounce or two of alcohol per day.

I might eat as much as a half-pint of ice cream, maybe a quarter-pound
of candy, maybe a hundred pieces of French friend potatoes, and maybe
six hamburgers per year; unquestionably junk food that's particularly
delicious for me because I so rarely have it. I've never bought potato
chips, for example, in my life.

And I'm a social dancer. Except for dancing and housework, my life is
quite sedentary.

Today my BMI is 24.7. http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

I have no sympathy for those who are not genetically disposed to being
heavy but have eaten themselves into obesity through stupidity,
ignorance, or both. And I believe that overweight children should be
taken from guardians who have demonstrably abused them with food. I've
actually SEEN women abusing babies with sodas, ice cream, candy,
doughnuts, and other harmful substances that will cause future
problems.

-- __________________________________________________ ______________
A San Franciscan who never says "No!" to an invitation to dance!
A San Francisco glutton who says: "You serve it, I'll eat it!"
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ --- http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 ------- IClast at Gmail com

Old November 8th, 2006, 04:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AZ Nomad

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:31:23 GMT, H20 wrote:

"Tina" wrote in message
roups.com...
How do people successfully lose weight and keep it off
snip spam

Eat less, excercise more, period!

And eat better food. Most fast food is garbage. Most other restaurant food
has far too much fat and salt.

Old November 8th, 2006, 05:40 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

use cocaine.......

it boosts your metabolism and has you in constant motion.....

there are some brutal side effects, but if you need to drop 10 or 15
pounds quickly, nothing can beat the powder......

not that I have ever tried it or anything, at least not for weight
loss....but there is a reason all those supermodels double as hoover
vacuums....

Chuck

Old November 8th, 2006, 10:42 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan S[_1_]

On 8 Nov 2006 03:41:46 -0800, wrote:

I have no sympathy for those who are not genetically disposed to being
heavy but have eaten themselves into obesity through stupidity,
ignorance, or both.

As someone else mentioned, your views may change with time
and with metabolic or medical condition changes. In your own
case your "social dancing" would be a major factor in your
fitness. Good for you. I have two left feet:-)

Yours is a harsh and judgemental view of others when it is
impossible for you to know the medical and/or environmental
background of those overweight people you see in your
travels. I tend to agree with your thoughts on parents who
incorrectly feed their children - but I am much less
judgemental these days.

It is a complex subject encompassing the full range from
poor individual choices to very poor nutrition and dietary
advice from the highest levels of dietary authorities and
government. Simplistic "eat less, exercise more" dogmas
blithely ignore the psychological, environmental and
institutional factors.

I make no excuses for becoming obese over the years - in my
own case too little exercise, too much fast food, no
argument. But that's just me. As to successfully losing
weight - my story is in the diabetes blog.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: The Vatican
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:43 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2006-11-08 05:02:45 -0500, "Tina" said:

How do people successfully lose weight and keep it off

By not posting in irrelevant travel newsgroups.

Old November 9th, 2006, 03:38 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gman99

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:31:23 GMT, H20 wrote:

"Tina" wrote in message
roups.com...
How do people successfully lose weight and keep it off
snip spam

Eat less, excercise more, period!

And eat better food. Most fast food is garbage. Most other restaurant food
has far too much fat and salt.

Food is food...too much of ANY food (above basal requirements) and you
will gaing weight. Stop thinking that one food is better than
another...in terms of weight calories are really all that is important.
Eat 2000 calories of lard and 2000 calories of celery and you'll be the
same weight....mind you the lard will likely lead to heart problems
sooner than the celery.