Carnival Conquest ?

Old November 5th, 2006, 03:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
bjbriggs

Default Carnival Conquest ?

Pulled up the Galveston Harbor House cruise cam this morning and the
Conquest if not docked there this morning. What happened to it, anyone
know? M.B.

Old November 5th, 2006, 04:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dick G[_3_]

"bjbriggs" wrote in message
Pulled up the Galveston Harbor House cruise cam this morning and the
Conquest if not docked there this morning. What happened to it, anyone
know? M.B.

I don't know when she got there, but she is there now.

I agree that she was NOT there when you wrote an hour and a half ago, but
www.cruisecal.com does not indicate what time she should have docked, and
Galveston is on Central time.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old November 5th, 2006, 05:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Lloyd Parsons

In article ,
"clint" wrote:

I believe because of golf storms, the Conquest left at midnight?

Yah gotta hate those pesky 'golf storms' !!! ;-)
Old November 5th, 2006, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
bjbriggs

"Dick G" wrote in message
"bjbriggs" wrote in message
Pulled up the Galveston Harbor House cruise cam this morning and the
Conquest if not docked there this morning. What happened to it, anyone
know? M.B.

I don't know when she got there, but she is there now.

I agree that she was NOT there when you wrote an hour and a half ago, but
www.cruisecal.com does not indicate what time she should have docked, and
Galveston is on Central time.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

She is supposed to dock just before RCI Rhapsody of the Seas does. However
this morning when I looked, ROTS was docked but the Conquest was not. They
should both have been docked by around 7 AM. Am wondering why the Conquest
was so late getting there! M.B.

Old November 5th, 2006, 06:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Dick G wrote:

"bjbriggs" wrote in message

Pulled up the Galveston Harbor House cruise cam this morning and the
Conquest if not docked there this morning. What happened to it, anyone
know? M.B.

I don't know when she got there, but she is there now.

I agree that she was NOT there when you wrote an hour and a half ago, but
www.cruisecal.com does not indicate what time she should have docked, and
Galveston is on Central time.

The Conquest was 4 hours late arriving in Galveston because of a search
for a man overboard, from about 11:55 pm until around 4 am.
It is now 12:35 in Galveston, and they are still disembarking.

Ermalee

Old November 5th, 2006, 07:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Ermalee wrote:

The Conquest was 4 hours late arriving in Galveston because of a search
for a man overboard, from about 11:55 pm until around 4 am.
It is now 12:35 in Galveston, and they are still disembarking.

Not a fun way to end a cruise! Hope all our Sleazy friends are ok and
get home safely.

sue
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Ermalee :

Dick G wrote:

"bjbriggs" wrote in message

Pulled up the Galveston Harbor House cruise cam this morning and the
Conquest if not docked there this morning. What happened to it, anyone
know? M.B.

I don't know when she got there, but she is there now.

I agree that she was NOT there when you wrote an hour and a half ago, but
www.cruisecal.com does not indicate what time she should have docked, and
Galveston is on Central time.

The Conquest was 4 hours late arriving in Galveston because of a search
for a man overboard, from about 11:55 pm until around 4 am.
It is now 12:35 in Galveston, and they are still disembarking.

Wow, they did a MOB drill on Sept 30th (although it turned out that
she had actually fallen on to a balcony).

And we had a MOB in June of last year on the Elation. Carnival out of
Galveston has had a run of bad luck in the last 18 months.

Ermalee

--
dillon

If you can't figure out how to unmunge my
address, email me and I'll explain it.
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Dillon Pyron
wrote:

And we had a MOB in June of last year on the Elation. Carnival out of
Galveston has had a run of bad luck in the last 18 months.

I think there is more involved than bad luck. There is a copycat
syndrome. It is the same when people jump in front to trains. One does
it and then there are several others within a few weeks of each other.

--
Charles