Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
bill

Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses toturn off their cell phone?

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 04:34:25 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 08:51:36 +0000 (UTC), bill
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:09:37 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 16:45:46 +0000 (UTC), bill
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:34:20 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 17:06:50 +0000 (UTC), bill
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 01:20:29 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

First of all any story in the Sun needs to betaken with a very large
pinch of salt, and secondly any brief look at just about any UK
police web site will tell you that the H&K weapons are not capable of
fully automatic fire.

So they are simply large capacity assault weapons?

Can you define 'assault weapon' for me please?

As far as I'm a ware it's a US propaganda term for 'big scary black
gun'.

So the police
themselves are lying about carrying machine guns?

I very much doubt an policeman ever called these weapons 'machine guns'.

I also doubt you or I would either.

Odd that I keep finding countless references to the British Police
carrying machine guns...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_G36

The British police use the special version, developed I understand for
an FBI requirement, for a self loading non fully automatic capable
version.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
David Dyer-Bennet

David Monaghan writes:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:51:04 -0800, DevilsPGD
wrote:

In message someone claiming
to be David Monaghan typed:

If you eliminated most of the UK murders on the basis they happened to
people who don't count, the UK rate would be lower, too.

The point isn't eliminating people that don't count, but rather,
eliminating people who voluntarily place themselves in harm's way.

The law doesn't see it that way and neither do statisticians.

But in deciding where to live to be reasonably safe, it seems like it
might be relevant. Most murders aren't in fact random.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info
Old January 24th, 2012, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
DevilsPGD[_3_]

In message someone claiming to be bill
typed:

Can you define 'assault weapon' for me please?

As far as I'm a ware it's a US propaganda term for 'big scary black gun'.

That seems to be the case. In Canada it was recently decided that a
kinda-sorta-looks-like-an-AK47 gun should be illegal:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...586/story.html

Smart!

--
It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to
steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
Old January 24th, 2012, 02:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Gunner Asch[_2_]

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:06:06 +0000 (UTC), bill
wrote:

Then you can provide those claimed mistakes were actually erronious and
not actually mistakes at all...but your "source" was trying to cover up
the fact that armed citizens were involved in helping the police.

Trot them out if you would be so kind.

Ill be waiting with amused interest.

I already gave it, and it's the same book that Wikipedia gives.

The Battle of Stepney, Colin Rogers

Please note that on the page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Si...detectives.jpg

There's a picture of the house on fire.

No sign of artillery damage at all...

Odd..I cant see if there is any or not. Small bore arty was common in
1911 Under 1" was very common

Which reminds me...you claimed they were shooting .380s

7.65 mm Browning (.32 ACP) from the listing of the Dreyse used in the
various shootings

Now Im rather curious....how you went from the Tottenham Outrage in
1909..to this event in 1911.

Did you by any chance have a stroke?

Which reminds me...

http://web.archive.org/web/200910280...utrage1909.htm

"In addition to the two deaths, there was a large number of injuries to
both the police and civilians. At the time of the 'Outrage' there was
not the prohibition of today on private firearm possession. Some of the
participants in the chase carried guns and had probably served in the
Army, both here and overseas, keeping their weapons as souvenirs.The
official reports lists 7 wounded Police Officers and 17 wounded
civilians."

http://pfoa.co.uk/193/the-tottenham-outrage

Constables Bond and Fraiser jumped through one of the windows of the
police station into Chestnut Road and other officers, who were aroused
from sleep, hastily put on whatever clothing immediately came to hand
and ran out the front entrance to join the hue and cry. When the robbers
turned and fired at them, Bond used a ‘small revolver’ he had borrowed
from a passer-by to fire four shots in return but they all missed.

According to Superintendent Jenkins: ‘The chase which had now become
most desperate was continued with splendid determination. The murderers
proceeded over the footbridge spanning the Great Eastern Railway, then
in a north easterly direction to the west bank of the River Lea.
Following this course to Chalk Bridge which spans the river just beyond
the rifle butts, thence onto the Mill Stream Bridge where they held the
crowd at bay for a considerable time’. It was here that Cyril Burgess
was hit in the ankle. Several men who had been duck shooting on
Tottenham Marshes and nearby Banbury Reservoir had joined in the chase
and they used their shotguns to return fire. It was here that Constable
Nicod decided that enough was enough. He too borrowed what Jenkins
described as a ‘revolver’ from someone in the crowd and went forward.
Kneeling down on the bank of the river he took aim and squeezed the
trigger. Nothing happened. Although described as a ‘revolver’ it may
well have been that it was a self-loading pistol and that the officer
was unfamiliar with how it worked. In any event he beat a hasty retreat
and both Hefeld and Lepidus fired at him. He was hit twice but
subsequently recovered from his wounds."

Odd..the last was from the Police Firearms Officers Association wasnt
it?

VBG

So far..you are loosing..and badly

Oh...as a side note..the other pistol appears to be a Bergman, both from
discription OF the maker and from photos..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergmann_1896

Cartridge

5mm Bergmann (nº 2)
6.5mm Bergmann (nº 3)
8x22mm Bergmann (nº 4)

5 round FIXED magazine

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Old January 24th, 2012, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Gunner Asch[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Except of course for the Fully Automatic 36C which I also posted links
to.

The Metro actually...

VBG

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Old January 24th, 2012, 09:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
bill

wrote:

[...]

I noticed.

I don't for one moment imagine you have a primary sourcerather than athe
yellow press as a source do you?

Quite seriously I would like one because I could then make some quite
serious trouble for the 'met' when I get back.

But I imagine all you've actually got is a gutter journalist with a copy
of 'Small Arms of the World' and a blurry photograph.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
Old January 24th, 2012, 09:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
bill

wrote:

Then you can provide those claimed mistakes were actually erronious
and not actually mistakes at all...but your "source" was trying to
cover up the fact that armed citizens were involved in helping the
police.

Trot them out if you would be so kind.

Ill be waiting with amused interest.

I already gave it, and it's the same book that Wikipedia gives.

The Battle of Stepney, Colin Rogers

Please note that on the page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Si...detectives.jpg

There's a picture of the house on fire.

No sign of artillery damage at all...

Odd..I cant see if there is any or not. Small bore arty was common in
1911 Under 1" was very common

No it wasn't, not in UK domestic service anyway.

There may have been the odd 'pom pom' about but that wouldn't have been
available in London.

Which reminds me...you claimed they were shooting .380s

Nope.

Re-read.

7.65 Mauser, a bottle neck pistol cartridge.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...