Sandals St. Lucian Grande or Sandals Antigua

Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:17 PM
Michael

Default Sandals St. Lucian Grande or Sandals Antigua

My wife and I are looking to travel to either Sandals St. Lucian
Grande or Sandals Antigua in June 2004. We would like some feedback
or recommendations on which may be our best option. We stayed at
Sandals Halcyon in St. Lucia a few years ago and loved it... but the
new Grande looks even better. Does Antigua or St. Lucia have better
weather in the middle of June? Any help would be appreciated.
Old September 23rd, 2003, 08:18 AM
Ken Tough

Michael wrote:

My wife and I are looking to travel to either Sandals St. Lucian
Grande or Sandals Antigua in June 2004. We would like some feedback
or recommendations on which may be our best option. We stayed at
Sandals Halcyon in St. Lucia a few years ago and loved it... but the
new Grande looks even better. Does Antigua or St. Lucia have better
weather in the middle of June? Any help would be appreciated.

Antigua is probably slightly more likely to be sunny and clear,
since it's [some might say 'boringly'] flat. Temperature will
be the same.

--
Ken Tough
Old October 6th, 2003, 07:23 AM
Kimono Kamekaze

Antigua is not flat its hills can be seen from about 20 miles or so
when sailing. but Barbuda is flat it can very easy be missed without
compass or gps even from 5 miles at sea it cant be seen.
Antigua has very little rain.

Old October 7th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Ken Tough

Kimono Kamekaze wrote:

Antigua is not flat its hills can be seen from about 20 miles or so
when sailing.

Depends on whether you're up the mast :-)
It's much flatter than the volcanic islands, and the hills
are localised to the SE corner (as I recall).

Antigua has very little rain.

We're agreed on that...

--
Ken Tough
Old October 9th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Eddda & Umberto

In Antigua the highest mountain is 450 meters u do not know nothing
i.d.i.o.t. Antigua can be seen from over 100 km (kilometers), in clear
weather, it is definatly not flat at all.

Old October 11th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Ken Tough

Apparently Eddda & Umberto wrote:

In Antigua the highest mountain is 450 meters u do not know nothing
i.d.i.o.t. Antigua can be seen from over 100 km (kilometers), in clear
weather, it is definatly not flat at all.

Hey, I used to live in Montserrat. I know Antigua well. In
comparison to any of the volcanic islands [shall we say Dominica
or St. Lucia, or even St.Kitts?] it is largely, boringly flat.
Montserrat is almost three times that height. This means Antigua
does not get the rainforest and concomittant appealing lush jungle
and thus wildlife that those other islands have. But it does have
beaches, if you like that sort of thing.

--
Ken Tough