Orbitz/One Last Q

Old April 16th, 2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
teak

Default Orbitz/One Last Q

So, I am supposing that one prints out the reciet, and the day of the
flight, one goes to the Airline counter, shows the reciet and the
person prints out the tickets aty the counter. Does anyone call for
reconfirmation?

teak

Old April 16th, 2007, 05:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On Apr 16, 8:07 am, "teak" wrote:
So, I am supposing that one prints out the reciet, and the day of the
flight, one goes to the Airline counter, shows the reciet and the
person prints out the tickets aty the counter. Does anyone call for
reconfirmation?

teak

I think that if you want a paper ticket they charge extra and FedEx it
to you.
I usually just get an Eticket -- same as booking directly through the
airline's web site.

Old April 16th, 2007, 06:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

On Apr 16, 6:07 am, "teak" wrote:
So, I am supposing that one prints out the reciet, and the day of the
flight, one goes to the Airline counter, shows the reciet and the
person prints out the tickets aty the counter. Does anyone call for
reconfirmation?

teak

No, it's in their computer.

Old April 16th, 2007, 09:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on 16 Apr 2007 10:10:59 -0700, "PeterL"
has scripted:

On Apr 16, 6:07 am, "teak" wrote:
So, I am supposing that one prints out the reciet, and the day of the
flight, one goes to the Airline counter, shows the reciet and the
person prints out the tickets aty the counter. Does anyone call for
reconfirmation?

teak

No, it's in their computer.

I've never used their service, but I can imagine the first time one
might be reluctant to want to put faith in something printed from
one's computer.

I remember doing it with Ryanair a few years ago, and was relieved to
see it was as simply as that!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old April 16th, 2007, 11:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
dgs[_4_]

"teak" wrote in message
oups.com...
So, I am supposing that one prints out the reciet, and the day of the
flight, one goes to the Airline counter, shows the reciet and the
person prints out the tickets aty the counter. Does anyone call for
reconfirmation?

The day of the flight, one goes to airline counter, shows the
e-ticket ("receipt") and the person at the counter issues boarding
passes. Or one goes to an electronic check-in machine, puts in
one's credit card (the same one that purchased the e-ticket), and
one gets one's boarding passes without much fuss.

One can call the airline for reconfirmation if one wishes, if only
to verify that the scheduled departure/arrival times have remained
consistent with what is printed on one's receipt and boarding passes.
--
dgs

Old April 17th, 2007, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Sarah Banick

"PeterL" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 16, 6:07 am, "teak" wrote:
So, I am supposing that one prints out the reciet, and the day of the
flight, one goes to the Airline counter, shows the reciet and the
person prints out the tickets aty the counter. Does anyone call for
reconfirmation?

teak

No, it's in their computer.

And of course, you have to show i.d. And the name in all three places must
match.

Old April 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Apr 16, 6:07 am, "teak" wrote:
So, I am supposing that one prints out the reciet, and the day of the
flight, one goes to the Airline counter, shows the reciet and the
person prints out the tickets aty the counter. Does anyone call for
reconfirmation?

No, it's in their computer.

You hope.

Anyway, I always confirm a few days before the flight, even if I
have a "real" ticket. The flight may have been cancelled, or, in
one case for us, the flight was rescheduled for an earlier
departure; had we not known this we would have missed our flight.

I've never used their service, but I can imagine the first time one
might be reluctant to want to put faith in something printed from
one's computer.

I remember doing it with Ryanair a few years ago, and was relieved to
see it was as simply as that!

Yep. You don't really even need the printout, just the
confrimation number, and it's a good idea to jot it on a piece of
paper for your purse or wallet in case something happens to the
printout.

Old April 17th, 2007, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:26:52 -0700,
Hatunen has scripted:

wrote:

I've never used their service, but I can imagine the first time one
might be reluctant to want to put faith in something printed from
one's computer.

I remember doing it with Ryanair a few years ago, and was relieved to
see it was as simply as that!

Yep. You don't really even need the printout, just the
confrimation number, and it's a good idea to jot it on a piece of
paper for your purse or wallet in case something happens to the
printout.

I jotted details down for a flight once, and got the time wrong. I
arrived late of course, and they said I needed a whole new ticket at a
cost of x.

OK, this was my fault, but I had paid money and wasn't happy. I yelled
my way up the management chain (about 4 levels - impressively!) until
then put me on the next flight.

My strategy is to ask politely to each manager, and then quickly get
loud when then try to fob me off. And NEVER accept their offer to talk
about it privately. You want Joe Public to see what's going on! I just
kept yelling about the amount of money I'd paid, and took great care
not to swear or be threatening.

This only works if you have no fear of making a scene.
--
---
Old April 17th, 2007, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

wrote:

[...]

My strategy is to know when my flight leaves.