American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:19 AM
Sjoerd

Default American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht

I wasn't talking about people who are born or are already millionaires, I
spoke of ordinary people who have the freedom and opportunity to become
millionaires. I mentioned the United States, Vietnam, Cuba and North

Korea,
not the Netherlands.

That I noticed. But for your information, there are many people here in the
Netherlands who worked hard to become millionaires.

Sjoerd

Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:23 AM
Sjoerd

schreef in bericht
news
how about freedom of speech? I'm not sure about the netherlands but I
know neither the germans or the french have freedom of speech...

I have freedom of speech.

And from:
http://www.rferl.org/nca/features/20...2002131429.asp
"The freest press in the world is in Northern Europe -- Finland, Iceland,
Norway, and the Netherlands, all of which are tied for first place --
countries where the report says press freedom is "scrupulously" respected."

"Surprisingly, the United States -- at 17th -- ranks below Costa Rica
because of the number of journalists arrested or imprisoned there."

Sjoerd

Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:38 AM
Vitaly Shmatikov

In article ,
Sjoerd wrote:

That I noticed. But for your information, there are many people here in the
Netherlands who worked hard to become millionaires.

Of course, if you had any say in this, these people would not have
had a chance to become millionaires. You and your kind viciously hate
anyone who has more money than you. As you claimed more than once, in
any decent country everything above ``modest middle class affluence''
should be taxed away. I guess the Netherlands is not a decent country,
after all.

Freedom from envious haters like you is one of the most cherished
American freedoms.

Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:48 AM
Sjoerd

"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht
No, because by the time I explain, you'll be sober and your usual angry

self.
If you'd stop bashing America, you'd stop getting all this flak. Most

people,
Americans included, don't mind reading things that are critical about

their
countries, but, when the accuser stoops to bashing, the readers either

recoil
in silence or lash out.

A little sensitive are you, dearie? I have never "bashed" the US or
Americans, all I have done is to criticise certain aspects of US policy. You
seem to mind reading things that are critical about the US. You even go as
far as ignoring all the supporting evidence that I provide. If you don't
agree with me, that's fine, but all you can do is ignore the FACTS and make
stupid statements about me being on drugs.
I'll say it again: most of the Americans I meet in real life (and many here
on this newsgroup) are much more mature, intelligent and open-minded than
you are.

Sjoerd

Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:55 AM
Sjoerd

"Vitaly Shmatikov" schreef in bericht
In article ,
Sjoerd wrote:

That I noticed. But for your information, there are many people here in

the
Netherlands who worked hard to become millionaires.

Of course, if you had any say in this, these people would not have
had a chance to become millionaires. You and your kind viciously hate
anyone who has more money than you.

I can't speak for "my kind" but I have many friends who have more money than
me. I don't care about how much money other people have to determine if they
are worthy to be my friends.

As you claimed more than once, in
any decent country everything above ``modest middle class affluence''
should be taxed away. I guess the Netherlands is not a decent country,
after all.

Ideally, a large percentage of the money earned above say EUR 100,000 should
indeed be taxed away. Which is exactly what is happening here.

Freedom from envious haters like you is one of the most cherished
American freedoms.

My guess is that you are voluntarily reading my posts on this newsgroup, so
that freedom is not important to you.

Sjoerd

Old January 2nd, 2004, 09:11 AM
Vitaly Shmatikov

In article ,
Sjoerd wrote:

As you claimed more than once, in
any decent country everything above ``modest middle class affluence''
should be taxed away. I guess the Netherlands is not a decent country,
after all.

Ideally, a large percentage of the money earned above say EUR 100,000 should
indeed be taxed away. Which is exactly what is happening here.

You are lying again - not about the Netherlands, but about your
own words:

``Why would anybody in the rich Western world want to "rise above
modest middle class affluence"? In a decent country, everything above
that should be taxed away anyway.''

So, does the Netherlands tax away everything above modest middle class
affluence like a decent country should?

Freedom from envious haters like you is one of the most cherished
American freedoms.

My guess is that you are voluntarily reading my posts on this newsgroup, so
that freedom is not important to you.

What's important to me is that haters like you do not set public
policy in my country. I don't mind reading your posts. In fact, I
find it quite amusing to watch your impotent hate and envy. While you
are lying about Americans ``repeating Nazi crimes in Iraq,'' your
own country is a member of Bush's coalition and supports the war.
That gets your goat, doesn't it, and there is nothing in the world
you can do about it, is there?

And it looks like we'll have four more years of Shrub & Co. starting
this November, which means at least four more years of reading your
vicious America-bashing rants, and enjoying the knowlegde that you
are absolutely powerless to change anything.

Old January 2nd, 2004, 09:30 AM
Sjoerd

"Vitaly Shmatikov" schreef in bericht

What's important to me is that haters like you do not set public
policy in my country. I don't mind reading your posts. In fact, I
find it quite amusing to watch your impotent hate and envy.

Which hate and envy? The hate and envy you probably have in mind exists only
there my friend: in your mind.

While you
are lying about Americans ``repeating Nazi crimes in Iraq,'' your
own country is a member of Bush's coalition and supports the war.
That gets your goat, doesn't it, and there is nothing in the world
you can do about it, is there?

I can vote for a party that is against Dutch involvement in the war in Iraq.
And the current Dutch government is about as bad as the current US
government, so we have more in common than you know.

And it looks like we'll have four more years of Shrub & Co. starting
this November, which means at least four more years of reading your
vicious America-bashing rants, and enjoying the knowlegde that you
are absolutely powerless to change anything.

We'll see in November. And I have never bashed the US and/or Americans. You
are mixing up criticism of some aspects of America's policies with America
bashing.
But ofcourse people like you who believe that the US is the best country in
the world can not accept any criticism.

Sjoerd

Old January 2nd, 2004, 11:36 AM
Nils Zonneveld

Vitaly Shmatikov wrote:

In article ,
Sjoerd wrote:

As you claimed more than once, in
any decent country everything above ``modest middle class affluence''
should be taxed away. I guess the Netherlands is not a decent country,
after all.

Ideally, a large percentage of the money earned above say EUR 100,000 should
indeed be taxed away. Which is exactly what is happening here.

You are lying again - not about the Netherlands, but about your
own words:

``Why would anybody in the rich Western world want to "rise above
modest middle class affluence"? In a decent country, everything above
that should be taxed away anyway.''

So, does the Netherlands tax away everything above modest middle class
affluence like a decent country should?

AFAIK, income tax can get as high as 80% after certain levels.

Freedom from envious haters like you is one of the most cherished
American freedoms.

My guess is that you are voluntarily reading my posts on this newsgroup, so
that freedom is not important to you.

What's important to me is that haters like you do not set public
policy in my country. I don't mind reading your posts. In fact, I
find it quite amusing to watch your impotent hate and envy.

Sorry, the hate and envy exists only in your perception. The current
neo-conservative agenda is to undermine all international institutions
to replace them with a neo-conservative world wide American Empire (read
all about it at the PNAC site http://www.newamericancentury.org/).
Sjoerd resents that, I resent that, most people resent that. Aperently
that resentment is taken by you as "hate and envy".

While you
are lying about Americans ``repeating Nazi crimes in Iraq,'' your
own country is a member of Bush's coalition and supports the war.
That gets your goat, doesn't it, and there is nothing in the world
you can do about it, is there?

Actually I voted in favour of the current Dutch govt. and I agree with
the deployment of Dutch soldiers in Iraq. Not because I agree with the
illegal atack and occupation of Iraq, but because the damage is already
done. We cant let the Iraqi people pay the bill, because we disagree
over the war. If we leave Iraq now, we hand Iraq over to Al Qaida and
other worst scum imaginable. The more international involvement in Iraq
the better.

And it looks like we'll have four more years of Shrub & Co. starting
this November,

Eleven months is a long time, you have crystal ball or something or are
that good at the tarot cards?

which means at least four more years of reading your
vicious America-bashing rants, and enjoying the knowlegde that you
are absolutely powerless to change anything.

What do you want to say with that? That there is a little totalitarian
sadistic dictator in you?

Nils
Old January 2nd, 2004, 11:46 AM
Nils Zonneveld

[...]