About Ryanair

Old July 18th, 2004, 05:29 PM
stephen97

Default About Ryanair

Hello! I am currently reading for my Masters Degree in MSc Marketing. I am
required to write a dissertation to complete this degree.

The topic of my dissertation is “The low cost marketing adopted by
Ryanair. Is this approach likely to succeed among all age groups (young
groups and old groups)?"

Would you please help me to answer the following questions for the
dissertation research?

1. Can you tell me what impels you to travel by (or not by) Ryanair?
2. Do you have any comments on their services (such as on time, frequency,
response of complaints)?
3. How do you like Ryanair’s staff service?
4. What’s your comment on Ryanair’s flights and airports?
5. How do you think Ryanair’s online booking?
6. Can you tell me what your reason is for taking (or not taking) Ryanair
next time?
7. Can you tell me what your overall impression of Ryanair is?
8. Do you have any suggestions to Ryanair?

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions!

Old July 18th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:29:01 -0400 "stephen97" wrote:

:Hello! I am currently reading for my Masters Degree in MSc Marketing. I am
:required to write a dissertation to complete this degree.

:The topic of my dissertation is “The low cost marketing adopted by
:Ryanair. Is this approach likely to succeed among all age groups (young
:groups and old groups)?"

: Would you please help me to answer the following questions for the
:dissertation research?

Ok.

:1. Can you tell me what impels you to travel by (or not by) Ryanair?

I don't, as I doubt that it flies between any two locations that I fly.

:2. Do you have any comments on their services (such as on time, frequency,
:response of complaints)?

Seems that I read something about them abandoning passengers with no warning
on more than one occasion.

:3. How do you like Ryanair’s staff service?

Never had it.

:4. What’s your comment on Ryanair’s flights and airports?

Not a clue.

:5. How do you think Ryanair’s online booking?

Never tried it.

:6. Can you tell me what your reason is for taking (or not taking) Ryanair
:next time?

The same reason - they don't fly between points that I am likely to fly.

:7. Can you tell me what your overall impression of Ryanair is?

Seems like a less than reliable charter (yes, I know that I am being
redundant).

:8. Do you have any suggestions to Ryanair?

Don't strand passengers.

:Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions!

No problem.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

I very rarely bother responding to challenge/response
systems, especially those from irresponsible companies.
Old July 18th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Jim Ley

wrote:
1. Can you tell me what impels you to travel by (or not by) Ryanair?

Price.

2. Do you have any comments on their services (such as on time, frequency,
response of complaints)?

nope, ~20 flights only one been delayed more than 5 minutes, very good
information as to the reasons (which were believable bad weather)
more flights would be good, and more away from STN in the UK.

3. How do you like Ryanair’s staff service?

Long queues at STN checkin, otherwise good, friendly staff everywhere,
good information on the 1 delay.

4. What’s your comment on Ryanair’s flights and airports?

They do what they say on the tin? I'd prefer they spread out to more
hubs than just STN in the UK.

5. How do you think Ryanair’s online booking?

It's a bog standard openskies, so is fine.

6. Can you tell me what your reason is for taking
(or not taking) Ryanair next time?

Price (didn't we have this above) and convenient interesting
destinations.

7. Can you tell me what your overall impression of Ryanair is?

Very Good.

8. Do you have any suggestions to Ryanair?

Keep the price down, fly more places.

Jim.
Old July 18th, 2004, 06:49 PM
JohnT

"stephen97" wrote in message
lkabouttravelling.com...
Hello! I am currently reading for my Masters Degree in MSc Marketing. I am
required to write a dissertation to complete this degree.

The topic of my dissertation is “The low cost marketing adopted by
Ryanair. Is this approach likely to succeed among all age groups (young
groups and old groups)?"

Would you please help me to answer the following questions for the
dissertation research?

1. Can you tell me what impels you to travel by (or not by) Ryanair?

(Not). Michael O'Leary

2. Do you have any comments on their services (such as on time, frequency,
response of complaints)?

Prices often good. Flights OK if they operate, but mainly to/from Secondary
Airports. If things go wrong, tough!

3. How do you like Ryanair’s staff service?

If you mean "Customer Services", they don't exist. If you mean efficiency of
operational staff, average at best.

4. What’s your comment on Ryanair’s flights and airports?

It would help if you posed a meaningful question.

5. How do you think Ryanair’s online booking?

It works.

6. Can you tell me what your reason is for taking (or not taking) Ryanair
next time?

Total dislike of MOL

7. Can you tell me what your overall impression of Ryanair is?

Negative

8. Do you have any suggestions to Ryanair?

Transmogrify into a proper Airline. (But it won't happen

JohnT

Old July 18th, 2004, 06:49 PM
JohnT

lkabouttravelling.com...

Old July 19th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Karl Wagner

"stephen97" wrote in message
lkabouttravelling.com...
Hello! I am currently reading for my Masters Degree in MSc Marketing. I

am
required to write a dissertation to complete this degree.

The topic of my dissertation is “The low cost marketing adopted by
Ryanair. Is this approach likely to succeed among all age groups (young
groups and old groups)?"

How much time and effort did you spend putting this "questionaire" together?
In particular, I wonder about your detailed questions about the respondent's
age group (as in: relevance to your quoted topic). Not to mention the no
doubt representative sample you'll get in this NG (as in: newgroup user's
profile?). And the number of responses you'll need (as in: how many thousand
do you need to get a statistically meaningful sample?). Methodology:
doubtful.

Old July 24th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Ralph Holz

Hi,

stephen97 wrote:
Hello! I am currently reading for my Masters Degree in MSc Marketing. I am
required to write a dissertation to complete this degree.

Sorry to say this, but if you think a question asked in a NG will give
you answers of statistic relevance, you must have missed some classes.

Ralph

Old August 1st, 2004, 06:02 PM
stephen97

Default Thanks!

Thank you for your reply! It gives a great help for my dissertation!

Best wishes!

Old August 1st, 2004, 06:02 PM
stephen97