Hershey, Pa. changes?

Old March 26th, 2008, 05:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K[_2_]

Default Hershey, Pa. changes?

When I was young my dad took me to a movie theater that had a ceiling
that really looked like blue sky and clouds. When the movie started it
changed to a star lit night. We stayed at a hotel with a front porch
with rockers. I realize a lot has changed, the amusement park has
probably grown in leaps and bounds. The Hershey factory tour probably
has it's own version of Umpa Lumpas I am thinking of visiting there in
the spring. What can I expect? Did the movie theater survive twinning
or demolition? What about the hotel with the porch with rockers?

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old April 1st, 2008, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
David Bennetts

"Brian K" wrote in message
When I was young my dad took me to a movie theater that had a ceiling that
really looked like blue sky and clouds. When the movie started it changed
to a star lit night. We stayed at a hotel with a front porch with
rockers. I realize a lot has changed, the amusement park has probably
grown in leaps and bounds. The Hershey factory tour probably has it's own
version of Umpa Lumpas I am thinking of visiting there in the spring.
What can I expect? Did the movie theater survive twinning or demolition?
What about the hotel with the porch with rockers?

--
________
Brian M. Kochera "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"

See http://www.hersheyarchives.org/Defau...HersheyTheatre
Very fortunately the theatre, with its atmospheric ceiling, has survived.

We are also lucky in Australia to have one remaining theatre of this type:
http://www.capitoltheatre.com.au/explore_images.htm

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia