GreatEscapes Vacation Club

Old April 17th, 2006, 05:53 PM posted to rec.travel.misc

Default GreatEscapes Vacation Club

Don,

It is now April 2006. My wife and I sat through a presentation for Great
Escapes Vacation Club in Denver this past weekend. We were motivated. We
are trying to do some internet research on Great Escapes. We discovered a
'chat' online started by you in 2003. I did not see any credible feedback
one way or the other. Can you give me some feedback on your experience at
this point in time? Are you still a member? Where have you traveled?
Have you experienced substantial savings on your travel and vacations? My
wife and I have an 8 and 5 year old. We are wondering about flexibility
of travel during summer and school breaks? Are the savings still good at
peak seasons? Do you need to travel in off peak seasons to get the savings
they offer? If you are still a member, are you happy or regretful? Why
or why not? Thank you for any feedback you can give us.

Mike St. Marie

Old April 18th, 2006, 12:58 PM posted to rec.travel.misc

Hey Mike,

I am in the same boat as you Mike. I have a child, and one on the way,
with a limited window of time in which to travel. I am a member of a
travel club myself but not the one you speak of. The one I am involved
with has no peak season, much flexibility, and there are hundreds of
testimonials about savings year around. Personally, I was in Dallas
last week and stayed in an executive suite, normaly $625 per night, for
$140 at the Adams Mark hotel.

Before you make any commitments it might be wise for you to shop
around. This company offers affordable 1-2 travel packages per month
year around as part of a travel club but also give everyone the chance
to aquire travel agent credentails, earn commisions and recieve
preferential treatment. Also, you can take it a step further work
part-time (or full-time) from home to earn money and free travel. You
might want to check out this site: healthwealthtravel.biz (then click
on presentation button lower right...30 minutes long). Or if you
prefer, there is also a 24 hour recorded phone number you can call
which is only ten minutes long 1-212-990-7446.

If you have any questions or comments please reply and we can arrange
to get you my phone number so we can chat. I would love to help in any
way i can.

Corey Koehler

Old May 25th, 2006, 04:36 PM posted to rec.travel.misc

Mike,

We are new members - please reply with your experiences with Great Escapes Travel Club.

David

----------
Sent via SPRACI - http://www.spraci.com/ - Parties,Raves,Clubs,Festivals

Old May 29th, 2006, 04:35 PM posted to rec.travel.misc

Gale,

You sound like a very knowledgeable person and you are correct about
the credentails. I am not sure which companies you are refering to but
I have been using my credentails for almost a year now at many
different destinations and i have recieved a wide range of benefits.
You are correct, we are not "Travel Agents" and we do not sell travel -
at least without further educating ourselves - and like you said
earning "at least $5000 from travel sales within the year". We are
considered Referral Travel Agents. We are out there talking about our
experiences at many of the destinations and showing poeple were they
can go to book their own travel at discounted rates. Mainly because of
the internet, it is becoming increasingly easier for poeple to handle
their own travel arrangments and avioding paying someone else a
commissions for somthing they can do themselves. My company and i just
cater to those people. For this we are afforded some benefits. We are
issued a card with a legitimate IATA number, which in my experience has
been accepted at an Adams Mak Hotel, Mellenium Hotel, a Best Western,
Enterprise car rental, a Super 8 (this last weekend) and the vendors
with listings on FAMnews.com (which are many). We are also elegible to
recieve a CLIA for a small yearly fee and a committment to some further
training.

So that everyone involved in this discussion can better understand your
point and have a clear understanding of how to differentiate between
which companies are "card mills" and which companies are legitimate,
maybe you could you answer a few questions. Can you be more specific on
these travel clubs and companies? Which ones are good and which ones
are bad? What is your source of information?

The travel company i am involved with, World Ventures, is very serious
about providing its members and customers with quality travel products
and services along with accomodating the needs of the many travel
providers and destinations out there. The leadership of this company
(Founders and three other top executives) have well over 100 years
experience combined in the travel industry. Many destinations and
providers welcome us with open arms because they know we can fill up
there resorts, hotels and sevices with poeple who might not otherwise
be able to afford to travel or at least be less inclined.

Corey