Pre-cruise hotel - Sydney

Old June 18th, 2007, 05:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jim

Default Pre-cruise hotel - Sydney

Any recommendations for 2 nights pre-cruise stay in Sydney, Australia?

Thanks!

Old June 18th, 2007, 01:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 04:13:16 GMT, "Jim" wrote:

Any recommendations for 2 nights pre-cruise stay in Sydney, Australia?

I'd suggest that rather than staying in a hotel in the Sydney CBD that most people do, you should stay at a lovely little bed and
breakfast that isn't too far out of town. There are buses that will get you into the city in 30-40 minutes in peak hour, a lot
quicker at other times. It is a fantastic place and the hosts are really nice people.

http://www.glenhope-bnb.com.au/

Old June 18th, 2007, 04:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BobEdwards

On Jun 18, 5:15 am, wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 04:13:16 GMT, "Jim" wrote:
Any recommendations for 2 nights pre-cruise stay in Sydney, Australia?

I'd suggest that rather than staying in a hotel in the Sydney CBD that most people do, you should stay at a lovely little bed and
breakfast that isn't too far out of town. There are buses that will get you into the city in 30-40 minutes in peak hour, a lot
quicker at other times. It is a fantastic place and the hosts are really nice people.

http://www.glenhope-bnb.com.au/

We always try to stay in one of the hotels that the cruise line is
using for their precruise package. It's much less expensive to book
the hotel on our own but we can usually get in on their transfer to
the ship for a nominal fee. That saves us the hassle of hauling our
luggage because they pick it up at the hotel.

Old June 20th, 2007, 05:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
DD

I live in Sydney and we always stay the night before our cruise at the
Old Sydney Holiday Inn. The hotel is directly opposite the International
Cruise Terminal in the Rocks area of Sydney. Provided you don't have too
much luggage, you can walk to where the baggage is collected in about 15
minutes. If you have a lot of luggage it could be difficult to get a
taxi to take you because it is such a short distance to the ship. We
sometimes have to make two journeys from the hotel because we choose to
use some stairs which are a shorter route to the ship. It has been known
for the hotel to take the bags for you but it depends on what the staff
situation is like on the morning you embark. It could be worth asking
them if they will before you make a booking! Circular Quay and all the
other attractions are within easy walking distance.
The above information only applies for ships that berth at Circular
Quay International Cruise Terminal, If you leave from Darling Harbour
there ar a lot of hotels that are convenient for the ship.Send me an
email if you leave from Darling Harbour and I'll make a few enquiries.
Have a nice cruise and enjoy Sydney!

DD