Ljubljana to Trieste by bus

Old November 27th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Joy

Default Ljubljana to Trieste by bus

Hi --

Does anyone know if there are intercity buses running from Ljubljana to
Trieste and back?
Does any one know the schedule and prices?
Any information and/or websites would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Joy

Old November 28th, 2004, 11:52 AM
BrianE

a.spencer3 wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message

Hi --

Does anyone know if there are intercity buses running from Ljubljana to
Trieste and back?
Does any one know the schedule and prices?
Any information and/or websites would be greatly appreciated!

Well, there were when I used them in 1967!

Surreyman

Very slow roads though IIRC.

B.
Old November 30th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Gorazd Bozic

Gerald Oliver Swift wrote:

http://www.ap-ljubljana.si/controler...hp?stran=intro

An awful web design if you ask me. Although the web site is in English,
the database is still in Slovenian. Enter the date, From: Ljubljana and
To: Trst (Slovenian name for Trieste). Then select "LJUBLJANA AVTOBUSNA
POSTAJA" (Ljubljana Bus Station) as departure point. It seems that there
is only one bus leaving every day at 6:25 arriving at Trieste at 8:56
(2:31 duration). From this I conclude that the bus does not go directly
on a motorway, but uses the old road and stops frequently. By car it
takes less than one hour.

There are more buses going to Koper every day and AFAIK there are
frequent connections from Koper to Trieste.

Gorazd