baggage charges

Old March 11th, 2008, 01:30 PM posted to rec.travel.air
JA_Moran

Default baggage charges

now with fuel being way too expensive, airlines are making people more
than ever with heavy bags pay more

having loaded baggage and cargo on aircraft this past summer, I often
joked about having passengers with heavier bags pay...

now it looks like people who pack more are being made to pay more.

with osme bags, you darn near get a hernia lifting them. There are other
bags that are overstuffed, get caught as they ride up the belt loader,
get jammed, fall off and explode or pop open..

it's always fun trying to put the exploded bags back together

JOHN
Old March 11th, 2008, 05:43 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 06:30:20 -0700 JA_MORAN wrote:

:now with fuel being way too expensive, airlines are making people more
:than ever with heavy bags pay more

:having loaded baggage and cargo on aircraft this past summer, I often
:joked about having passengers with heavier bags pay...

:now it looks like people who pack more are being made to pay more.

Don't see why you are rejoicing. Your ticket price didn't go down.

:with osme bags, you darn near get a hernia lifting them.

Some people have bigger muscles than you.

Much bigger.

Much much bigger.

: There are other
:bags that are overstuffed, get caught as they ride up the belt loader,
:get jammed, fall off and explode or pop open..

That is bad planning.

:it's always fun trying to put the exploded bags back together

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:50 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 06:30:20 -0700, JA_MORAN wrote:

now with fuel being way too expensive, airlines are making people more
than ever with heavy bags pay more

having loaded baggage and cargo on aircraft this past summer, I often
joked about having passengers with heavier bags pay...

now it looks like people who pack more are being made to pay more.

with osme bags, you darn near get a hernia lifting them. There are other
bags that are overstuffed, get caught as they ride up the belt loader,
get jammed, fall off and explode or pop open..

it's always fun trying to put the exploded bags back together

JOHN

Get used to it: Now that some airlines charge for a second bag, the
incentive to not maximize the amount in the one free bag just went out
the window. Why should I spread the load to two bags and pay extra?
I'll weigh my bag and keep it one pound under the airline max (I
prefer to take two lighter bags but not at $25 a trip.)

Jim P.
Old March 24th, 2008, 04:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
JimL

On Mar 23, 6:50 pm, wrote:
[...]

Same here. I bought a large wheeled duffel, which holds 2.5 times the
two carry-ons that I used to check. Learned it gets over 50 lbs when
not even full. Cursed and put it in storage. Now I'll bring it out
and use it, just carefully weigh it before travelling.

I'll bet a lot of baggage handlers, cabbies, and bellmen are cursing
the airlines about now.