Legroom: Swiss A330 or American B767?

Old January 6th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Manuel

Default Legroom: Swiss A330 or American B767?

My question will be quite straight-forward. I have to book a ZRH-JFK flight,
and my best choices (because of price and schedule) are Swiss or AA. Swiss
operates an A330-200, while AA operates a B767-300.

Which airplane has more comfort and legroom for tall people, in economy
class? I like both companies, but I haven't travelled with any of them on
intercontinental flights recently, so things may have changed.

Any information is appreciated!

-Manuel

Old January 6th, 2004, 07:51 PM
James Robinson

Manuel wrote:

Which airplane has more comfort and legroom for tall people,
in economy class?

The seat pitch on American is about 33 or 34 inches. The Swiss Airbus
has about 31 inch pitch. That difference can be significant on an
intercontinental flight.

Regarding seat width, they are about the same, but 87% of the seats on
the 767 are window or aisle, while 75% are window or aisle on the A330.

I think I would pick American over Swiss in this case.
Old January 7th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Holden McGroyne

Which airplane has more comfort and legroom for tall people,
in economy class?

The seat pitch on American is about 33 or 34 inches. The Swiss Airbus
has about 31 inch pitch. That difference can be significant on an
intercontinental flight.

I agree. My favored transatlantic flight is the AA (and formerly TWA) 767.
I do not believe that there is a better cabin/seat arrangement for steerage.
Which was made even better when AA added more leg room.

And I recall one 767 flight where two couples purchased a row -- seven
seats for the four of them. Which they said was much less expensive than
upgrading to a higher class, but still gave them the added space they
desired. (And to me they did not look to be too uncomfortable.)