Great Escapes Vacation Club - any members here?

Old April 14th, 2004, 04:52 AM
theonlywizard

Default Great Escapes Vacation Club - any members here?

I'm looking to ask someone about Great Escapes Vacation Club. Has anyone
looked into there web site? Price?

Old April 14th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Binyamin Dissen

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:52:15 -0400 "theonlywizard"
wrote:

:I'm looking to ask someone about Great Escapes Vacation Club. Has anyone
:looked into there web site? Price?

Timeshares are rarely a good idea.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com
Old April 14th, 2004, 11:45 AM
theonlywizard

Ths is not a time share, but a travel club. Right Here
http://www.greatescapesonline.com

Old April 14th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Aramis

You're committing to buying unused timeshare inventory., so you're right,
it's not a timeshare - it's worse.

lkabouttravelling.com...

Old April 15th, 2004, 12:31 AM
theonlywizard

You have many many more choices of where to go for a whole lot less than a
time share.

Old April 15th, 2004, 06:45 AM
eric h

In article outtravelling.com,
theonlywizard wrote:

You have many many more choices of where to go for a whole lot less than a
time share.

That's nice. Why don't you go spam it somewhere else?

--
---
"I never had to pretend I felt the lyrics. I could always relate to the words."
Old May 7th, 2004, 01:59 PM
kikitheclown

My husband and I live in Minnesota and made the mistake of joining this
program.

We did change our mind and went in to cancel our memebrship on the tenth
business aday, as was stated as allowable on our contract, and were told
that they would have to check with their corporate office because, since
the local office was open on Saturday's, they considered Saturday a
business day, so we were past our 10 days by their standards. I have NEVER
heard of anyone considering Saurday a business day! The woman who helped
us also used the guilt factor tellig us thet a family member of hers died
that day and someone else was ill. My husband and I figured it was a
shady sales thing because any normal person would not go to work under
those circumstances. She also was ok enough to basically yell to us that
the club was really a good deal, as we left the office.

We did make quite a fuss and were told by the corporate office that they
would cancel our membership and we would have our initial deposit back
within 10 days. Monday will be 10 days and so far, no refund.

My husband and I also made the mistake of referring our friends. They
cancelled within three days and when they went in they had some print outs
from the internet showing companints filed about them to the better
business bereau and the attorney general. One that was filed with the
attorney general they calim is not them. In any case, they told our
friends it was "bad business" to bring these things to them. If they are
legitamte complaints about their company and part of the reason for
cancellation, why would that be bad business.

Also in the sales presentation they asked who got a postcard from them,
which we did, they said that was their way aroungd the do not call list,
so I am wondering if that is even legal.

Bottom line, check their records with your local better business beareu
and Attorney General, and unless you are going to be traveliing bascially
24/7 and are SURE you want to sign up (on the spot of course, if you don't
sign up on the spot the price goes up)it is not a good deal. If you like
these shady tactics...Go for it!