Good stop off points in BC?

Old May 5th, 2004, 11:38 AM
CD

Default Good stop off points in BC?

Hi All

Going to be going driving from Vancouver to Banff in a couple of weeks, &
then going from Jasper to Seattle on the retun leg.
I'm looking for nice places to overnight on each journey about 4-5 hours
from the destination.
A friend has suggested "BC Wine country" by the lake north of Penticton, but
I am open to all suggestions. Will it be easy to get hotels without booking
in late may/early june? I've prebooked my Jasper & Banff hotels which seemed
to be filling up rapidly on Expedia, Hotels.com etc.

Thanks

CD

Old May 5th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article , "CD"
wrote:

Hi All

Going to be going driving from Vancouver to Banff in a couple of weeks, &
then going from Jasper to Seattle on the retun leg.
I'm looking for nice places to overnight on each journey about 4-5 hours
from the destination.
A friend has suggested "BC Wine country" by the lake north of Penticton, but

Anywhere from Vernon all the way down to Osoyoos. Better cluster is
around naramata and south.

I am open to all suggestions. Will it be easy to get hotels without booking
in late may/early june? I've prebooked my Jasper & Banff hotels which seemed
to be filling up rapidly on Expedia, Hotels.com etc.

Should be o.k. Can try www.bbcanada.com for B&B accomodations. It is
not an all-incusive list.
Old May 6th, 2004, 04:19 PM
mimi

"CD" wrote in message
Hi All

Going to be going driving from Vancouver to Banff in a couple of weeks, &
then going from Jasper to Seattle on the retun leg.
I'm looking for nice places to overnight on each journey about 4-5 hours
from the destination.
A friend has suggested "BC Wine country" by the lake north of Penticton,

but
I am open to all suggestions. Will it be easy to get hotels without

booking
in late may/early june? I've prebooked my Jasper & Banff hotels which

seemed
to be filling up rapidly on Expedia, Hotels.com etc.

I like it around Lake Okanagen/Penticton also. Another possible stop is Lake
Chelan in Washington State.

I might have suggested stopping at Winthrop, Washington and driving the
North Cascades highway, but it will probably still be closed at that time.

Late May, early June shouldn't be a problem for hotels and motels.

Marianne

Old May 7th, 2004, 07:34 PM
JMC

I do not know about hotels since I prefer camping. However, if you travel by
the Okanagan wine country, if you do like wine and architecture, I strongly
recommend a 2 hours stop to tour the Mission Hill Winery.
http://www.missionhillwinery.com/default.asp

JMC