QE2 Food and Service - The English Way?

Old September 14th, 2003, 07:29 AM
fmomoon

Default QE2 Food and Service - The English Way?

Jenn wrote in message
have had many a 'full English breakfast' in London -- and been greeted
at dawn more than once with runny canned tomatoes on the plate, or
canned baked beans -- to go with the dry cold toast

British cuisine is deservedly reviled -- although there are a few good
chippies

When my husband and I were in London a few years ago, we laughed at the
difficulty in finding English restaurants. We found every other conceivable
kind but, other than chips places or pubs, nothing. My dad retorted later
"Have you ever TASTED English food?" He always said his mom, who baked like
a dream and was 1st generation from Ireland, couldn't roast meat worth a
darn. Well done was rare, in her style. Well done meant shoe leather time.
My grandfather, 1st generation from England, loved it, however.
--
Monica

Old September 14th, 2003, 04:10 PM
villa deauville

Like NewYork City London is made up of many ethnic cultures each
bringing their own version of their countrys food.
Being brought up in the Soho section of London I was, at an early age,
introduced to a mutitude of different foods.

SUNNY.........after all these years still prefers a good steak, chips
and a glass of shandy.

S'nd I

Old September 14th, 2003, 04:19 PM
CupCaked

"fmomoon" wrote:

When my husband and I were in London a few years ago, we laughed at the
difficulty in finding English restaurants. We found every other conceivable
kind but, other than chips places or pubs, nothing.

Next time, go to Rules for wonderful English food! We go there every
time we're fortunate enough to be in London. The Savoy Grill ain't so
bad, either :-)

Karen

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)