hotel in Las Vagus

Old April 7th, 2004, 09:02 AM
traveller

Default hotel in Las Vagus

Hi, I am planning a trip to Las vegus in June.
My friend told me it will be cheaper to walk-in the hotel than book
ahead, is that true? Any budget & safty hotel recommend?

we (2 Asian girls) will spent one night in Grand Cayon (camping), is
it safe to do so? We will drive from San Fransico to LA to Las Vegus
then to Grand Cayon & retrun car to San Franciso, is this the cheapest
& safe way to do so?
pls advice
Old April 7th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
(traveller) wrote:

Hi, I am planning a trip to Las vegus in June.
My friend told me it will be cheaper to walk-in the hotel than book
ahead, is that true? Any budget & safty hotel recommend?

I have no idea where "Las Vegus" is, but it does not really matter
in the context of your question. Your friend is wrong, no matter
where you plan to stay. When you walk up to a hotel to book a
room for the same night, the hotel knows they have the upper hand
in the deal so they are likely to give you their most expensive
rate which is typically called the "rack rate". Book in advance
no matter where in the United States you want to stay if you want
to get the lowest rates.

we (2 Asian girls) will spent one night in Grand Cayon (camping), is
it safe to do so? We will drive from San Fransico to LA to Las Vegus
then to Grand Cayon & retrun car to San Franciso, is this the cheapest
& safe way to do so?

Oh, I see. You are referring to Las Vegas. I have never been to the
Grand Canyon, but I would be surprised if there are not safe camping
areas there. You should have no problem with your plans as far as safety
is concerned. If I would you, I would not rent a car in San Francisco
until you are ready to leave for Los Angeles. You will pay dearly to
park the car while you are there. The drive to LA is beautiful if you
take the Pacific Coast Highway. Allow yourselves two or three days to
make this drive. You can easily do the drive in a day, but you will not
get to enjoy all the beautiful sights along the way if you rush.

The drive from Las Angeles to Las Vegas is boring. You might be better
off flying. Shop around. You can probably find tickets to fly there
for less cost and way less time than it takes to drive to Las Vegas.
Old April 7th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Peter L

"traveller" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I am planning a trip to Las vegus in June.
My friend told me it will be cheaper to walk-in the hotel than book
ahead, is that true? Any budget & safty hotel recommend?

The answer is no. Book ahead. If you go during mid-week, you can get some
pretty good deals on good hotels. I wouldn't recommend two Asian girls to
stay in any budget hotels in Las Vegas.

we (2 Asian girls) will spent one night in Grand Cayon (camping), is
it safe to do so? We will drive from San Fransico to LA to Las Vegus
then to Grand Cayon & retrun car to San Franciso, is this the cheapest
& safe way to do so?
pls advice

Camp in a camp ground in Grand Canyon? Have you booked your camp site
already? If not better re-think your strategy.

If you don't have to be in LA, the cheapest way may be to fly from SF to Las
Vegas, then rent a car from Vegas to drive to the Grand Canyons.

Old April 7th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Jeff Lanam

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 08:02:44 -0400, Shawn Hearn
wrote:

The drive from Las Angeles to Las Vegas is boring. You might be better
off flying. Shop around. You can probably find tickets to fly there
for less cost and way less time than it takes to drive to Las Vegas.

Only if you compare driving time to time in the air. Once you factor
in the time spent in the airport, it's probably a wash. Especially on
the return from Las Vegas to Los (not Las) Angeles; the security
at LAS is notoriously slow. The trip is boring only if you find
deserts boring.
Old April 7th, 2004, 10:13 PM
JamesStep

will spent one night in Grand Cayon (camping)

If you haven't done so already, be sure to check out
the National Park Service's Grand Canyon web site
for the rules concerning camping in the Canyon.
Reservations are strongly recommended, and in
some cases permits are required.

http://www.nps.gov/grca/pphtml/camping.html

James

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-
Old April 12th, 2004, 11:18 AM
traveller

OSPAM (JamesStep) wrote in message ...
will spent one night in Grand Cayon (camping)

If you haven't done so already, be sure to check out
the National Park Service's Grand Canyon web site
for the rules concerning camping in the Canyon.
Reservations are strongly recommended, and in
some cases permits are required.

http://www.nps.gov/grca/pphtml/camping.html

James

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-

Thx, I already book it! Do you know if we can rent the camping equipment there?
Old April 12th, 2004, 11:20 AM
traveller

Shawn Hearn wrote in message ...
In article ,
(traveller) wrote:

[...]

Thx for your suggestion, I will take your advice.