NY Yankees

Old April 8th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Ugo Tremblay

Default NY Yankees

I will be in NYC this weekend. My plan for Sunday (April 11th) is to
checkout at the Hotel (in East Side), drive to the stadium, see the match,
and come back to Montreal.

Does it sound feasible? (My main worry is the traffic.)
How much does parking cost around there? Where can I eat nearby?

Old April 8th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Peter L

"Ugo Tremblay" ugot @ cae . com wrote in message
I will be in NYC this weekend. My plan for Sunday (April 11th) is to
checkout at the Hotel (in East Side), drive to the stadium, see the match,
and come back to Montreal.

Don't drive. Take public transport, then back to your hotel to get your
car.

Old April 8th, 2004, 11:28 PM

Don't go by public trans if you're going to Montreal right after the game.
There is parking at and all around the stadium, and if you use it you won't
have to go back into the city to get your car. Parking isn't cheap; you
should plan on 10-20 US. I don't know of any 'dining' opportunities near
the stadium, so enjoy a couple of hot dogs and figure on pulling off the
thruway somewhere along the way home. (We'll trust you to enjoy a good NYC
meal the night before).

The Stadium is right next to the Thruway. Just make sure you get on
northbound. Traffic will dissipate quickly after the Cross County exit,
which isn't far. After that you have a straight shot home.

Old April 9th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
"Ugo Tremblay" ugot @ cae . com wrote:

I will be in NYC this weekend. My plan for Sunday (April 11th) is to
checkout at the Hotel (in East Side), drive to the stadium, see the match,
and come back to Montreal.

Does it sound feasible? (My main worry is the traffic.)
How much does parking cost around there? Where can I eat nearby?

Use public transportation. You did buy a ticket for the game, already?
Right?

Old April 9th, 2004, 03:55 AM
eric h

In article ,
clint wrote:

A "match?"

Uh, he's coming from Montreal. They talk different up there.

--
---
"I never had to pretend I felt the lyrics. I could always relate to the words."
Old April 12th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Ugo Tremblay

oups.
Yeah, i'm french canadian, and i tend to use "anglicisme", rather than
correct english (and drop capital letters in the middle of sentences).
BTW, i bought the ticket at the stadium, just before the "game". The place
was about half full.

BTW again, i knew that NYC was a big Easter getaway destination for
quebecers (like me), but it seemed they had taken over the city. They were
everywhere, and i'm not talking about ESB or Liberty Island!