Which clothes to bring?

Old September 28th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Bluesea

Default Which clothes to bring?

"Hallvard Tangeraas" wrote in message
Any suggestions to what kind of clothing a guy should bring along on a
trip around the world going to the following places, in this order
(starting around end of October/start of November):

snip

I guess in warm, humid places like Thailand I can get around with a
T-shirt, shorts and comfortable sandals, but I still haven't found a
solution regarding where to place my money etc. I'll be carrying a
small, flat "pouch" hanging around my nech, under my T-shirt for my
passport, credit cards and other "must not loose, no matter what" stuff,
but what about my wallet which I need to access often? Surely not my
back-pocket of my shorts, so I was thinking about a jacket of some sort.
Not to keep warm ;-) ..... but to get to have some pockets.
If so, what kind of jacket which doesn't make me too hot?

Other solutions?

I don't like the idea of keeping a wallet in a jacket because it's too easy
to take off and leave behind especially when it's warm outside.

I bought a Micropack Explorer pouch by Amphipod that works well for me:

http://www.amphipod.com/exp/expage.html.

My passport doesn't fit into mine, but that's okay because I keep it in a
pouch worn under my clothing.

Another option is a wrist or arm pouch:

http://www.magellans.com/shopping/pr...odu ctID=2809

or, http://tinyurl.com/ox3q.

If you want a bunch of pockets, I think that a traveler's, journalist's, or
photographer's vest would be better than a jacket. Here are a few examples:

1.
http://www.orvis.com/store/product_c...&s ubcat_id=2

or, http://tinyurl.com/ox4l

2.
http://www.orvis.com/store/product_c...&s ubcat_id=2

or, http://tinyurl.com/ox4v.

3. http://www.tamrac.com/g_collectibles.htm.

I remember seeing a vest made of mesh with cloth pockets for summer wear,
but I can't recall where.

HTH.

--
~~Bluesea~~