We survived Europe !

Old May 27th, 2006, 03:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default We survived Europe !

We survived our big trip to Europe! Thirty days blasting around twelve
countries in a bus. We left on April 21 and returned on May 22. It was
the "European Masterpiece" tour by Cosmos. Everything went fine, with
no problems what so ever. We stayed at three star hotels. We figured
we could have taken other tours with more expensive hotels, but we
didn't think we would spend that much time in them. We were right! A
couple of the hotels were pushing the three star rating, while a
number of others were actually four stars. Breakfasts were always
included and were quite adequate. We signed up for over $2,000 worth
of optional events. It kept us busy day and night.

We have never been on a cruise, so it was nice sleeping on a boat for
two nights. On the trip to Greece we were on the boat for 17 hours. On
the return to Italy it was almost 24 hours.

People ask what country we liked best. We honestly can't say. Each one
was unique, with different attractions. It would be great to return
and spend a month in each one.

Cathy
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sat, 27 May 2006 14:31:12 GMT, Cathy L
wrote:

People ask what country we liked best. We honestly can't say. Each one
was unique, with different attractions. It would be great to return
and spend a month in each one.

Come on, give us a full trip report - glad you enjoyed it.

Jim.
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Cathy L" wrote in message
[...]

Well done. When you are recovered and unpacked, you can give us a full trip
report.

JohnT

Old May 27th, 2006, 04:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

[...]

To spend a month in one country is a much better way of travelling
than most Americans do when visiting Europe! They 'hurry' from one
place to the next! That's not enjoying the beauties of Europe!

Jacqueline
Old May 27th, 2006, 04:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

[...]

Please don't assume that most Americans travel this way. My wife and I
don't take organized tours and rarely spend less than a week in a city
That's how all of our friends travel, as well.

There is a stereotype of American tourists, but I believe that is simply
because there were a lot more Americans with discretionary income travelling
for the first time (up until the last few years) and, as inexperienced
travelers they may be more visible. There's nothing inherently American
about, "if it's Tuesday, this must be Belgium." Rather, it's inherently
"I've never been to Europe and want to see as much as possible."

Jacqueline

Old May 27th, 2006, 04:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

People ask what country we liked best. We honestly can't say. Each one
was unique, with different attractions. It would be great to return
and spend a month in each one.

Cathy

Good to have you back! Did you find the bathrooms alright? What
in-flight movies did you watch? We're all aching to know!

Old May 27th, 2006, 05:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

We survived our big trip to Europe! Thirty days blasting around twelve
countries in a bus.

I think that would near kill me. I am not surprised you couldn't say
which country you liked best. You wouldn't have had time appreciate
them!

Are you planning on doing a slow trip in the future?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old May 27th, 2006, 05:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

In article , Jacqueline
says...

To spend a month in one country is a much better way of travelling
than most Americans do when visiting Europe! They 'hurry' from one
place to the next! That's not enjoying the beauties of Europe!

Well, 12 countries in 30 days is better than those 7 countries in 9 days
tours of Asian toursits.
--

Alfred Molon
Old May 27th, 2006, 06:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

[...]

Jacqueline, Cathy was sufficiently blasted when she posted before her trip.
By frequent posters including Americans.

Remember, Americans get much shorter vacations/holidays than do Europeans.
Making multiple month-long trips across the Atlantic is hard to imagine for
most people, let alone pay for.

Plus there's lots to see in the US.

Marianne

Old May 27th, 2006, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

That's right, all our favorite jokers were after her
She posted about travelling and martin could not bear that.
Nvm how long she spent in a country or another, let's hope that first trip
made her want to come back and spend more time in one country or another.
Now of course the title of her post is a joke, but nevertheless....
Cathy has never visited LA downtown in the evening.