jamaica or ???

Old December 8th, 2007, 02:23 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
AnonyMouse

Default jamaica or ???

Hi,

I've done jamaica 3 times... twice to AIs and once I rented a villa...
both were nice.

but... I'd like to go more low key...

the villa while peaceful was part of a large complex.

anybody got any suggestions for something even less organized?
Old December 8th, 2007, 02:52 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Mike

AnonyMouse wrote:
Hi,

I've done jamaica 3 times... twice to AIs and once I rented a villa...
both were nice.

but... I'd like to go more low key...

the villa while peaceful was part of a large complex.

anybody got any suggestions for something even less organized?

For really "low key", I'd suggest Bonaire. Great
diving/snorkeling/windsurfing if you want to, but also plenty of
relaxation if you want that.
Aruba is the American version of a Caribbean island, Bonaire is the
European version. Get in a small (5 -15 unit) resort and relax.
Mike
PS: My background.. one (or more) visits to Jamaica, Grand Cayman,
Antigua, Puerto Rico, Guadaloupe, Turks & Cacios (5), Bahamas (8),
Aruba (4), Bonaire (3), Cancun (4).

Old December 9th, 2007, 06:42 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
BrianK

On 12/7/2007 9:52 PM Mike plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:
AnonyMouse wrote:
Hi,

I've done jamaica 3 times... twice to AIs and once I rented a
villa... both were nice.

but... I'd like to go more low key...

the villa while peaceful was part of a large complex.

anybody got any suggestions for something even less organized?

For really "low key", I'd suggest Bonaire. Great
diving/snorkeling/windsurfing if you want to, but also plenty of
relaxation if you want that.
Aruba is the American version of a Caribbean island, Bonaire is the
European version. Get in a small (5 -15 unit) resort and relax.
Mike
PS: My background.. one (or more) visits to Jamaica, Grand Cayman,
Antigua, Puerto Rico, Guadaloupe, Turks & Cacios (5), Bahamas (8),
Aruba (4), Bonaire (3), Cancun (4).

I'll add to that: Sea Cliff Cottages in Dominica.
http://www.dominica-cottages.com/ You'll need to rent a car, preferably
an SUV or Jeep as it's out of the way and some of the roads are rough.
But you can't beat the view.

Also, bungalows and casitas in the Mayan Riviera provide a "get away
from it all" without giving up everything.
http://www.locogringo.com/dynamic/lo...ngalows/Casita

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old December 9th, 2007, 11:38 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Don Wiss

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 20:23:04 -0600, AnonyMouse wrote:

I've done jamaica 3 times... twice to AIs and once I rented a villa...
both were nice.

but... I'd like to go more low key...

the villa while peaceful was part of a large complex.

anybody got any suggestions for something even less organized?

But you haven't said just how you like to spend your days. On a beach with
lots of white sand? Then Dominica is not for you. But if you like hiking
around, then Dominica is. Do you want good food? Sports? Just what?

Don www.donwiss.com/pictures/carib (e-mail link at page bottoms).
Old December 10th, 2007, 03:19 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Anonymouse[_2_]

I've done jamaica 3 times... twice to AIs and once I rented a villa...
both were nice.

but... I'd like to go more low key...

the villa while peaceful was part of a large complex.

anybody got any suggestions for something even less organized?

But you haven't said just how you like to spend your days. On a beach with
lots of white sand? Then Dominica is not for you. But if you like hiking
around, then Dominica is. Do you want good food? Sports? Just what?

Hi,

perfection to me would be a SMALL place on an empty sand or pebble
beach... maybe some near shore reefs, a decent little town close (duncam
jamaica filled the bill for me)...

no 100 mile drives for supplies (I remember when cozumel was a friend's
fishing camp)...

something like zihuatenejo before ixtapa (late 60s early 70s)