advice for mid January

Old December 11th, 2007, 10:52 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
harry palmer

Default advice for mid January

My wife wants to go to a beach in January and we were considering an all
inclusive on Paradise island in Nassau ( Sandals). Anyone got any thoughts
the cost effectiveness of this approach. Anyone actually stayed there and
used the facilities? I am concerned about the extra charges like spa
treatments etc.

thanks in advance

Old December 12th, 2007, 02:57 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Mike

harry palmer wrote:
My wife wants to go to a beach in January and we were considering an all
inclusive on Paradise island in Nassau ( Sandals). Anyone got any thoughts
the cost effectiveness of this approach. Anyone actually stayed there and
used the facilities? I am concerned about the extra charges like spa
treatments etc.

thanks in advance

Well, do you realize that Nassau/PI can be fairly cool in January??
It has about the same weather as Miami and, while Miami is certainly
warmer than, say, Chicago, it is not what most people will call ideal
beach weather. If you want good beach weather in January, you'll need
to head further south....

Mike

Old December 12th, 2007, 03:43 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
harry palmer

"Mike" wrote in message
.. .
harry palmer wrote:
My wife wants to go to a beach in January and we were considering an all
inclusive on Paradise island in Nassau ( Sandals). Anyone got any
thoughts the cost effectiveness of this approach. Anyone actually stayed
there and used the facilities? I am concerned about the extra charges
like spa treatments etc.

thanks in advance

Well, do you realize that Nassau/PI can be fairly cool in January??
It has about the same weather as Miami and, while Miami is certainly
warmer than, say, Chicago, it is not what most people will call ideal
beach weather. If you want good beach weather in January, you'll need to
head further south....

Mike

thanks mike, I actually live in Chicago so Antartica would be a welcome
change :-)

Old December 12th, 2007, 08:55 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
BrianK

On 12/11/2007 9:43 PM harry palmer plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger
and said:
"Mike" wrote in message
.. .

harry palmer wrote:

My wife wants to go to a beach in January and we were considering an all
inclusive on Paradise island in Nassau ( Sandals). Anyone got any
thoughts the cost effectiveness of this approach. Anyone actually stayed
there and used the facilities? I am concerned about the extra charges
like spa treatments etc.

thanks in advance

Well, do you realize that Nassau/PI can be fairly cool in January??
It has about the same weather as Miami and, while Miami is certainly
warmer than, say, Chicago, it is not what most people will call ideal
beach weather. If you want good beach weather in January, you'll need to
head further south....

Mike

thanks mike, I actually live in Chicago so Antartica would be a welcome
change :-)

Harry you might consider the Dominican Republic or Sandals Negril
Jamaica. I don't know if there's a Sandals in Costa Rica. Aside from
the beaches, there's the whole ecotour thing that is fabulous. As for
spas there's a great one several miles from Mt Arinal. The volcanic mud
baths are sooo relaxing although very hot at first. There are real live
parrots in rainbow colors flying everywhere.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old December 12th, 2007, 05:35 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
harry palmer

"BrianK" wrote in message
On 12/11/2007 9:43 PM harry palmer plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger
and said:
"Mike" wrote in message
.. .

harry palmer wrote:

[...]

Brian M. Kochera "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"

hey brian

great post and full of excellent pointers, I will certainly check up on
these ideas. We went to Belize in 1996 but I broke my ankle after only 4
days, the place looked great from the air ambulance though :-)

thanks again