san francisco to San Diego in June?

Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:27 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

Default san francisco to San Diego in June?

wrote in message
On Jan 16, 4:54 pm, "Christine" wrote:
Ideally we'd like to fly into San Fran and fly out of L.A.

Although I've not read it, I know you've gotten good advice from the
well-known posters who've answered you.

There's a page of DRIVING DIRECTIONS at the TouringSFO site at
http://geocities.com/touringsfo/ as well as a report "A Trip to
Anaheim . . ." with additional details that you might find helpful.

Having two weeks, you might consider adding Yosemite, Death Valley,
Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon to your itinerary.

Why? And have to be rushing around all the time? Some vacation.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Jan 16, 4:54*pm, "Christine" wrote:
Hello, we are a family of 5 with 3 kids ages 11, 8 and 3. *We have never
been to the west coast and would love to plan a trip there this June for 2
weeks. *Ideally we'd like to fly into San Fran and fly out of L.A. *My
children really want to go to legoland and that is all they want to see.
Disneyland would not be a top choice for me, we've had enough of disneyworld
in Florida. *I want to see the beautiful pacific coast and maybe some LA or
Hollywood *spots. *Any suggestions on things to do for this coastal trip,
towns to stop in or scenic drives and also major travel hangups I might face
in June? *Thank you very much for your time in advance.

I have one L.A. area stop that won't be on anyone else's list. Take
an early evening drive up to Mt. Wilson. There is nowhere else where
you can see just how vast the L.A. metropolitan area is. That's why
all the TV stations and many of the radio stations have their towers
up there.

From I-210 In La Cañada-Flintridge (about 5 miles northwest of
Pasadena), take CA-2 north/east for 14 miles, then turn south on Mt.
Wilson Red Box Road for 4-5 very twisty miles. From the top you can
see the Inland Empire (the western portions of San Bernardino and
Riverside Counties), deep into Orange County, most of Los Angeles
County, and well into Ventura County.
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..

"Christine" wrote in message
Hello, we are a family of 5 with 3 kids ages 11, 8 and 3. We have never
been to the west coast and would love to plan a trip there this June for
2 weeks. Ideally we'd like to fly into San Fran and fly out of L.A. My
children really want to go to legoland and that is all they want to see.
Disneyland would not be a top choice for me, we've had enough of
disneyworld in Florida. I want to see the beautiful pacific coast and
maybe some LA or Hollywood spots. Any suggestions on things to do for
this coastal trip, towns to stop in or scenic drives and also major
travel hangups I might face in June? Thank you very much for your time
in advance.

My favorite scenic driving trip !
For the kids - Monterey Aquarium
http://gocalif.ca.gov/page_list.php?key=itineraries
Along the way ...
If you'd like a comfortable place in Carmel:
http://www.coachmansinn.com/ has VCR/DVD players in every room AND a TON
of movies in the lobby so could check in/ pick up a few movies for the
kids to watch in the room.

Here's a few of my past entries / feedback the coastal route.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...10&sa=N&hl=en&
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...10&sa=N&hl=en&

Here's a frequent writer he every thing San francisco - click Index (
top left of his page) if more info needed.
http://geocities.com/touringsfo/Arti...Maps.html#Maps
http://geocities.com/touringsfo/Articles/Sights.html
look for his stuff at same google search site.

General comment on the coastal drive:
Watch the news - MAJOR road washouts in spring/early summer north of
Malibu. Even this week - serious damage from rain due to the fires last
fall - no shrubs/trees are left on the hills - to absorb the rain along
the coast : so = mudslides. Be flexible in case there IS road damage -
have alternate routes/plans for the kids. So check with AAA or do some
research on "typical weather for when you're going"

People go on vacation to watch ****ING movies???!!!! What the hell, *I* can
watch movies AT HOME. I go on vacation to do NEW stuff.

Old January 28th, 2008, 11:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

"Christine" wrote:
we'd like to fly into San Fran[cisco] and fly out of L.A. . . .
I want to see the beautiful pacific coast

You want to visit the page of DRIVING DIRECTIONS at http://geocities.com/touringsfo/
as well as the report "A Trip to Anaheim..." linked to it.

There's also a page of DON'T MISS SIGHTS in San Francisco as well as
additional information that you might find useful.