Royal Carribbean/Antilles

Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
mar jon

Default Royal Carribbean/Antilles

We're planning a cruise on Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaviral,
Fl. either late Aug. or sometime in Sept.

They have reduced rates during that period and are offering some good
discounts on board
such as a free spa treatment(with balcony) free dinner in one of
speciality restaurants, etc.

It all sounds like a good deal, about $2,400 for two, but I am concerned
about the possibility of Tropical Storms and/or Hurricanes.

Does anybody have any info or experience about the Carribbean that time
of the year?

Thanks
John

Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Tue, 3 May 2011 08:19:40 -0700, mar jon wrote:

Does anybody have any info or experience about the Carribbean that time
of the year?

The official Caribbean hurricane season runs from the 1st June through
to 30th November but the hurricanes are not evenly distributed across
the region during this time. Hurricanes occasionally form in May so
don't be fooled into believing that they can't form outside these
dates.

Hurricanes prefer to follow a path that takes them away from the
equator. So that's why Dutch Caribbean islands Aruba, Bonaire and
Curacoa rarely get hit by hurricanes.

July is a particularly slow month for 'canes.
--
http://cc.st/Chrissy-Cruiser-The-Hellion-Rebellion
Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_7_]

On Tue, 3 May 2011 08:19:40 -0700, mar jon wrote:

We're planning a cruise on Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaviral,
Fl. either late Aug. or sometime in Sept.

They have reduced rates during that period and are offering some good
discounts on board
such as a free spa treatment(with balcony) free dinner in one of
speciality restaurants, etc.

It all sounds like a good deal, about $2,400 for two, but I am concerned
about the possibility of Tropical Storms and/or Hurricanes.

Does anybody have any info or experience about the Carribbean that time
of the year?

Thanks
John

John, EXCELLENT question! Try the link below, this should answer all
your questions!!

http://tinyurl.com/djag

Give your life to the Holy Roman Cathoholic Church and have no fears!

Jean---Knows His Papalness Personally
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , mar jon
wrote:

It all sounds like a good deal, about $2,400 for two, but I am concerned
about the possibility of Tropical Storms and/or Hurricanes.

Does anybody have any info or experience about the Carribbean that time
of the year?

It is hurricane season so there could be tropical storms and
hurricanes. If there are they will adjust the itinerary to avoid them.

--
Charles
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Tue, 03 May 2011 19:45:27 -0400, Charles wrote:

It is hurricane season so there could be tropical storms and
hurricanes

Thanks for the contribution, Chuck. facepalm
--
http://cc.st/Chrissy-Cruiser-The-Hellion-Rebellion
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Hurricanes are no problem on a cruise ship,as they just go out of the
path of the storm.

Hurricanes could be lucky, if your cruise can't dock on time you may get
an extra day of cruising, If the cruise is cancelled you will get a
refund and a discount on your next cruise

Old May 5th, 2011, 02:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Tue, 3 May 2011 08:19:40 -0700, (mar jon) wrote:

We're planning a cruise on Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaviral,
Fl. either late Aug. or sometime in Sept.

They have reduced rates during that period and are offering some good
discounts on board
such as a free spa treatment(with balcony) free dinner in one of
speciality restaurants, etc.

It all sounds like a good deal, about $2,400 for two, but I am concerned
about the possibility of Tropical Storms and/or Hurricanes.

Does anybody have any info or experience about the Carribbean that time
of the year?

Hurricanes are particularly plentiful as the season 'heats up'. So
there's not so many in June or July and August and September are
pretty busy. Some years there are a lot and they get completely
through the alphabet and have to start on numbers. We've been on a
cruise in November (2005) where we had to avoid Wilma and there were
several after that.

However hurricanes generally follow a track of the other hurricanes -
that's why there were so many Gulf Coast hurricanes around the time of
Katrina, and there was a nasty amount of hurricanes that hit the east
coast of FL one year. Sometimes they just go up the middle of the
Atlantic. They seem to make a kind of groove or rut in the
atmosphere when they pass and the next hurricane follows (for a little
while at least).

Anyway, unless hurricanes threaten the port that you are leaving from,
the cruise ship will probably avoid the hurricane. It may be rough
though.