Charter - FAQ's - New Reviews

Old November 17th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Phil

Default Charter - FAQ's - New Reviews

Folks:

I avoided posting the Charter yesterday due to all the info being posted
about the tragic accident on the QM2.

The Cruise Review Archive has 7 new reviews since the last posting of
the Charter, they include.

Nov. 2 2003 Carnival Inspiration
Nov. 5 2003 Royal Olympia Odysseus
Nov. 6 2003 Norwegian Dawn
Nov. 6 2003 Princess Tahitian
Nov. 6 2003 Carnival Elation
Nov. 8 2003 Celebrity Millennium
Nov. 11 2003 Norwegian Sea

Phil
Seacruise

rec.travel.cruises
(unmoderated)

CHARTER

Rec.travel.cruises is a forum whose purpose is to provide information
and support to cruise ship travellers. Discussion might include (but not
be limited to) the relative merits of the various cruise ships and
lines, ports of embarkation, ports of call, shore excursions, cruise
ship activities, cuisine, entertainment, cruise ship
personnel, cruise ship management and the future of cruise ship travel.
Discussions related to getting the best deals on cruises will be highly
welcome. Such discussions might include early vs. late bookings, money
back guarantees, cruise protection insurance, the use of general vs.
cruise specific travel agencies and strategies for booking your own
cruises. Any topic that relates to cruise ship travel and the cruise
industry itself could be subject for discussion. In addition, discussion
will be allowed on the history of cruise ship and ocean liner travel.

Rec.travel.cruises will:

1. Help the traveller make an informed decision in how to book a
cruise without the pressure of a travel agent (travel agents are welcome
to the group and are encouraged to participate in the discussion
provided that there shall be no overt solicitation of business within
postings).

2. Provide the new cruiser with the benefit of the experience of
veteran cruises.

3. Provide the new cruiser with information as to what to expect once
he or she actually arrives on the ship ready to sail. Such topics as
cruise ship dress codes, dining room traditions, shopping, booking shore
excursions and tipping are all topics that the first time cruiser needs
to be familiar with.

An FTP site will be maintained for related rec.travel.cruises files.
These files will include a set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
Members of the newsgroup who go on cruises will be asked to write
reviews of their experiences. These cruise reviews will be stored at the
FTP site and will serve as a very valuable resource to anyone looking
into sailing on the same ship or itinerary. In addition, a comprehensive
listing of all cruise ships and lines will be maintained as part of the
FAQ's.

In summary, rec.travel.cruises encourages the free and open discussion
on all aspects of cruise ship travel. Justifiable criticism of specific
cruise ships and lines will be welcome up to the point of becoming
personal vendettas against a specific ship or line. Users are strongly
urged to keep messages of a confrontational or argumentative nature to a
minimum. Finally, it is requested that articles posted to
rec.travel.cruises not be cross posted to rec.travel or the other travel
newsgroups.

End of Charter

Link to the FAQ ---

http://www.seacruisereviews.com/faq.htm

Link to the Cruise Review Archives since the FTP site mentioned in our
charter bit the dust many moons ago ---

http://www.seacruisereviews.com

Link to the Group cruise pages ---

http://www.seacruisereviews.com/rtcgroupcruises.htm

Link to the RTC History --- for your bedtime reading pleasure

http://www.seacruisereviews.com/rtchistory.htm

--
Seacruise http://www.seacruisechat.com
Canal Cam Schedule http://www.seacruisechat.com/panamacanal/

English you say?
1) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
2) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to
present the present.

Old November 17th, 2003, 01:05 AM
Queen of Cruising

What some people will go to get around the RTC Charter policy of no
advertising for TA's.

Hypocrite

Old November 17th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Phil

I think you lost me on this one, but coming from you, you loose allot of
people with your comments.

Phil
Seacruise

Old November 17th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Queen of Cruising

Queen of Cruising wrote:

What some people will go to get around the RTC Charter policy of no
advertising for TA's.

Hypocrite

Let me make it plain so that you won't "loose allot" anymore.

You posted the Charter and included your ad/sig line for no other
reason that to expose your business to an international market of
known cruisers who you want to sell cruises, etc to.

I'll give you a second and let that sink in.

You used the Charter posting as your excuse to advertise your
business. The Charter prohibits advertising.

I'll give you a minute and let that sink in.

You have now established yourself as the Ultimate RTC Hypocrite Among
TA's.

I'll give you a life and let that sink in.
Old November 17th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Phil

Hey Queenie:

Maybe you should do some research before you insert BOTH feet into your
mouth. .

Seacruise is the first Cruise Chat Channel that was started in 1996. We are a
non profit group that accepts no advertising or no money from Travel Agents.
All moneys are free will donations from those on Seacruise.

Seacruise agreed to keep the Charter and Post the Charter several years ago.
As part of the Charter there is suppose to be a FTP site for reviews. Since
FTP sites are pretty much a thing of the past http://seacruisereviews was
born.
As a matter of clarification SeacruiseReviews (Steve) also posts Group
Cruises submitted to him as one post. You see there was a problem with Spam
on RTC and it was agreed upon that Seacruise would provide this service FREE
OF CHARGE to those that use it in one simple message. We accept nothing in
return, except a simple Thank You.
SeacruiseChat and SeacruiseReviews gains NOTHING.
We are doing RTC a service and if you had done some research on Google
you would have found this out, but you didn't.

Now I am going to suggest that you visit the links I listed and tell me where
we are a business? Also visit this link
http://seacruisereviews.com/rtccharter.htm and read the top of the page.

I hope this clarifies any misunderstanding you have on what Seacruise is or
about.

Phil
Seacruise Channel Manager

Old November 18th, 2003, 01:04 AM
Trans Mission

Queen of Cruising wrote:

What some people will go to get around the RTC Charter policy of no
advertising for TA's.

Hypocrite

Let me make it plain so that you won't "loose allot" anymore.

You posted the Charter and included your ad/sig line for no other
reason that to expose your business to an international market of
known cruisers who you want to sell cruises, etc to.

I'll give you a second and let that sink in.

You used the Charter posting as your excuse to advertise your
business. The Charter prohibits advertising.

I'll give you a minute and let that sink in.

You have now established yourself as the Ultimate RTC Hypocrite Among
TA's.

I'll give you a life and let that sink in.

Whoosh!

That was the sound of reality slipping through your fingertips, Queenie.

Trahn
Where are the weapons of mass destruction?
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:10 AM

Queen of Cruising wrote:
I'll give you a second and let that sink in.

I gotta know. Just how full is fullbreasted?

--
________________________________
Klecko's Komrades. All the way in 2003

Old November 18th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Queen of Cruising

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:23:42 GMT, Phil
wrote:

Hey Queenie:

Maybe you should do some research before you insert BOTH feet into your
mouth. .

Here is all the "research" I need.

http://www.seacruisereviews.com/links.htm

Advertising, pure and simple.

You can spin it anyway you way, Phillie, but this link above says it
all.
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Queen of Cruising

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:10:43 -0500, wrote:

I gotta know. Just how full is fullbreasted?

Two fingers.
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:25 PM

Queen of Cruising wrote:
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:10:43 -0500, wrote:
I gotta know. Just how full is fullbreasted?

Two fingers.

?!?!?!!?!?! Each breast is 2 fingers big? Come on now, ya gotta tell
me. Enquiring minds want to know. Or at least my one insane mind does.

--
Klecko's Komrades. All the way in 2003