Heathrow to Globe Theatre -- cost and time

Old January 21st, 2004, 06:42 PM
Alan Duchan

Default Heathrow to Globe Theatre -- cost and time

I have to give a friend alternatives for getting from Heathrow to the
Globe Theatre on an April weekday morning. Her luggage would be
carryon.

Does anyone know the approximate cost and length of time for a cab
from Heathrow to the Globe?

What about cost and time for a cab from Paddington to the Globe?

Any thoughts about just taking the tube? -- Piccadilly line to
Holborn, Central line to St Paul's, and then walk?

Other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Alan
Old January 21st, 2004, 07:13 PM
Angela Gilham

In article ,
Alan Duchan wrote:
I have to give a friend alternatives for getting from Heathrow to the
Globe Theatre on an April weekday morning. Her luggage would be
carryon.

Does anyone know the approximate cost and length of time for a cab
from Heathrow to the Globe?

Eeeowk!

Fifty quid as a minimum if she's getting a black cab.

What about cost and time for a cab from Paddington to the Globe?

Twelve-fifteen quid last time I did it when running late for
something at Tate Modern. Plus the Heathrow Express charge, of
course.

Any thoughts about just taking the tube? -- Piccadilly line to
Holborn, Central line to St Paul's, and then walk?

Over a mile from St Paul's. Not what you want after any kind
of journey with a carryon.

Piccadilly to South Ken and then District to Mansion House
or Cannon St would be my choice.

Angela

Old January 21st, 2004, 08:12 PM
Roland Perry

In message , Alan
Duchan writes
Any thoughts about just taking the tube? -- Piccadilly line to
Holborn, Central line to St Paul's, and then walk?

London Bridge tube station is much closer. Exit to "Borough High St".
--
Roland Perry
Old January 22nd, 2004, 02:03 AM
Alan Duchan

Much thanks for all the help. Of course you're right about Mansion
House or Cannon St being better choices. I was fixated on the
Central Line because I used to live near it. I'll give my friend your
information (the cab fare costs were especially helpful) and let her
choose.

Just after I posted my earlier message, I checked the London
Underground website. It recommends your route: Heathrow to Mansion
House, changing tubes at South Kensington.

Thanks again
Alan

Does anyone know the approximate cost and length of time for a cab
from Heathrow to the Globe?

Fifty quid as a minimum if she's getting a black cab.

What about cost and time for a cab from Paddington to the Globe?

Twelve-fifteen quid

Old January 22nd, 2004, 02:08 AM
Alan Duchan

Thanks for the suggestion. I was fixated on St Paul's because I used
to live just off the Central line.

Roland Perry wrote in message ...
In message , Alan
Duchan writes

Old January 23rd, 2004, 11:44 AM
Bart

London Bridge was also going to be my suggestion (even before reading
the replies)...

Picadilly Line from Heathrow... change to District Line at Barons
Court or Hammersmith (walk across to other side of the platform at
these two stations)... change to Jubilee Line at Westminster.

Regards,
Bart

Travel-mania - www.travel-mania.net

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:12:27 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , Alan
Duchan writes
Any thoughts about just taking the tube? -- Piccadilly line to
Holborn, Central line to St Paul's, and then walk?

London Bridge tube station is much closer. Exit to "Borough High St".

---
Travel photography is not just about documenting what you see while travelling. Pictures can capture the sense of adventure while in your own city or another country. Visit Travel-mania and share your travel photos at http://www.travel-mania.net/gallery
Old January 23rd, 2004, 11:56 AM
Michael Thiele

Angela Gilham schrieb:

Does anyone know the approximate cost and length of time for a cab

from Heathrow to the Globe?

Eeeowk!

Fifty quid as a minimum if she's getting a black cab.

What about cost and time for a cab from Paddington to the Globe?

Twelve-fifteen quid last time I did it when running late for
something at Tate Modern. Plus the Heathrow Express charge, of
course.

anyone knows the normal fares from all London Airports to - lets say
trafalgar square - is there a website? google search brought up prices
from 94 or so...

Old January 23rd, 2004, 02:06 PM
Angela Gilham

In article ,
Michael Thiele wrote:

anyone knows the normal fares from all London Airports to - lets say
trafalgar square - is there a website? google search brought up prices
from 94 or so...

You need www.heathrowexpress.com

Which conviently links in to http://www.stanstedexpress.co.uk/
and http://www.gatwickexpress.co.uk/ (don't try the Gatwick one
in Opera).

It is also possible to get a cheaper ticket from Gatwick if you
get on one of the Thameslink Brighton-Bedford trains, or one
of the Brighton-Victoria trains, but I wouldn't recommend this
if you'ev got too much luggage.

Tube fares http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/ticke...Fares_2004.asp
Heathrow is Zone 6.

For Liverpool St, Victoria or Paddington to Trafalgar Sq (Charing
Cross), it's a Zone 1 single.

For LCY http://www.londoncityairport.com/transport/index.htm
usually best to get the bus to Canning town and then the Jubilee
Line - Zone 4 ticket.

Angela

Old January 23rd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Alan Duchan

Michael Thiele wrote in message ...

[SNIP]

anyone knows the normal fares from all London Airports to - lets say
trafalgar square - is there a website? google search brought up prices
from 94 or so...

That's a rough question because there are five airports and at least
for Heathrow, you could go by taxi, train, or tube. Could you be more
specific as to your needs.

Alan
Old January 23rd, 2004, 03:51 PM
Alan Duchan

Bart wrote in message . ..
London Bridge was also going to be my suggestion (even before reading
the replies)...

Picadilly Line from Heathrow... change to District Line at Barons
Court or Hammersmith (walk across to other side of the platform at
these two stations)... change to Jubilee Line at Westminster.

Thanks for the suggestion. But for London Bridge, why not Picadiily
Line to Green Park and then switch to the Jubilee Line. It's one
rather than two changes.