Boston to near Charleston

Old March 25th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Chip

Default Boston to near Charleston

A colleague of mine needs to get to a wedding in Charleston SC in June.

Trouble is, he hates to fly. He can just barely stand a nonstop
flight. (We've got a business trip to Albuquerque next month. I can
hardly wait.) He's just figured out that he's going to have to connect
somewhere to fly into Charleston.

Alternatively, where might he fly to that's a nonstop from Boston, and
not too far to drive the rest of the way to Charleston?

Old March 26th, 2004, 12:18 AM
mtravelkay

Chip wrote:
A colleague of mine needs to get to a wedding in Charleston SC in June.

Trouble is, he hates to fly. He can just barely stand a nonstop
flight. (We've got a business trip to Albuquerque next month. I can
hardly wait.) He's just figured out that he's going to have to connect
somewhere to fly into Charleston.

Alternatively, where might he fly to that's a nonstop from Boston, and
not too far to drive the rest of the way to Charleston?

Why doesn't he just take the train.

Old March 26th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Andrew J. Perrin

Chip writes:

A colleague of mine needs to get to a wedding in Charleston SC in June.

Trouble is, he hates to fly. He can just barely stand a nonstop
flight. (We've got a business trip to Albuquerque next month. I can
hardly wait.) He's just figured out that he's going to have to connect
somewhere to fly into Charleston.

Alternatively, where might he fly to that's a nonstop from Boston, and
not too far to drive the rest of the way to Charleston?

CLT, ATL, and RDU are all driveable, if a bit far. All have nonstops from BOS.

* andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu
Old March 26th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Chip

"Andrew J. Perrin" wrote:

CLT, ATL, and RDU are all driveable, if a bit far. All have nonstops from BOS.

Thanks, Frank and Andrew. I'll suggest those alternatives to him. He
may look at the driving times and decide to bite the bullet and fly.
Old March 26th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Paul Sperry

In article , Chip wrote:

A colleague of mine needs to get to a wedding in Charleston SC in June.

Trouble is, he hates to fly. He can just barely stand a nonstop
flight. (We've got a business trip to Albuquerque next month. I can
hardly wait.) He's just figured out that he's going to have to connect
somewhere to fly into Charleston.

Alternatively, where might he fly to that's a nonstop from Boston, and
not too far to drive the rest of the way to Charleston?

If he can travel weekends, Delta has a non-stop BOS to Myrtle Beach.
Otherwise, CLT is a 3 hour (+/-) drive from Charleston.

--
Paul Sperry
Columbia, SC (USA)
Old March 26th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Joe Momma

"Chip" wrote in message
A colleague of mine needs to get to a wedding in Charleston SC in June.

Trouble is, he hates to fly. He can just barely stand a nonstop
flight. (We've got a business trip to Albuquerque next month. I can
hardly wait.) He's just figured out that he's going to have to connect
somewhere to fly into Charleston.

Alternatively, where might he fly to that's a nonstop from Boston, and
not too far to drive the rest of the way to Charleston?

If you want to fly out of Manchester or Portsmouth, N.H. they do nonstops to
Myrtle Beach i believe on Pam Am.

Old March 26th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Traveller

"Chip" wrote in message
A colleague of mine needs to get to a wedding in Charleston SC in June.

Trouble is, he hates to fly. He can just barely stand a nonstop
flight. (We've got a business trip to Albuquerque next month. I can
hardly wait.) He's just figured out that he's going to have to connect
somewhere to fly into Charleston.

Has he tried getting some help with his problem? If your employer is even
vaguely sympathetic and he needs to fly for business, they might give him
some help on a "fear-of-flying" course...

Old March 26th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Chip

Traveller wrote:

"Chip" wrote in message
A colleague of mine needs to get to a wedding in Charleston SC in June.

Trouble is, he hates to fly. He can just barely stand a nonstop
flight. (We've got a business trip to Albuquerque next month. I can
hardly wait.) He's just figured out that he's going to have to connect
somewhere to fly into Charleston.

Has he tried getting some help with his problem? If your employer is even
vaguely sympathetic and he needs to fly for business, they might give him
some help on a "fear-of-flying" course...

Heh. He avoids the problem by almost never flying. (More miles for
me!) He may yet find a way to get out of the Albuquerque trip, but he
can't send someone in his place to the wedding.

I see Amtrak goes from NY Penn to Charleston...