This newsgroup

Old February 3rd, 2007, 11:34 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Keith Sayers

Default This newsgroup

How please do others obtain this newsgroup? I have been using
Agent as a newsreader on my current server but I am changing servers
and the new one tells me they do not have a news group service. I
have been advised to try http://news-reader.org but when I do, and
find my way through to this group I get : 'There is no recent messages
in this group'. Is there a direct source somewhere to which I could
go?
Keith Sayers, Canberra, Australia
Mail : 6 Clambe Place,
CHARNWOOD, ACT 2615
http://www.pcug.org.au/~kmsayers
Old February 4th, 2007, 01:29 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
David Bennetts

"Keith Sayers" wrote in message
How please do others obtain this newsgroup? I have been using
Agent as a newsreader on my current server but I am changing servers
and the new one tells me they do not have a news group service. I
have been advised to try http://news-reader.org but when I do, and
find my way through to this group I get : 'There is no recent messages
in this group'. Is there a direct source somewhere to which I could
go?
Keith Sayers, Canberra, Australia
Mail : 6 Clambe Place,
CHARNWOOD, ACT 2615
http://www.pcug.org.au/~kmsayers

Try using google:

http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.rail/topics?hl=en

Regards

David Bennetts

Old February 4th, 2007, 01:32 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
David Bennetts

"Keith Sayers" wrote in message
How please do others obtain this newsgroup? I have been using
Agent as a newsreader on my current server but I am changing servers
and the new one tells me they do not have a news group service. I
have been advised to try http://news-reader.org but when I do, and
find my way through to this group I get : 'There is no recent messages
in this group'. Is there a direct source somewhere to which I could
go?
Keith Sayers, Canberra, Australia
Mail : 6 Clambe Place,
CHARNWOOD, ACT 2615
http://www.pcug.org.au/~kmsayers

Sorry wrong group above: Try
http://groups.google.com.au/group/re...?lnk=srg&hl=en

Regards

David Bennetts

Old February 4th, 2007, 06:33 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Ralph Fox

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 23:34:47 GMT, in message ,
Keith Sayers wrote:

How please do others obtain this newsgroup?

From two news servers
1. My ISP's news server
2. APN -- http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php

I have been using
Agent as a newsreader on my current server but I am changing servers
and the new one tells me they do not have a news group service. I
have been advised to try http://news-reader.org but when I do, and
find my way through to this group I get : 'There is no recent messages
in this group'. Is there a direct source somewhere to which I could
go?

You can find it on nntp.aioe.org for free, but checking there I see
they have 68 posts for the period from 27 December whereas I have
around 230 posts for the same period -- so their completeness does
not look good. I guess you pay for what you get.

If you want a *good* news service and your new ISP does not have
one, you may get better results with a pay news server. If you
want text groups only, some people say news.individual.net
(http://news.individual.net) is good and only €10 per year.
I don't use it so I can't comment on it.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Old February 5th, 2007, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

Ralph Fox wrote:
[deleted]

If you want a *good* news service and your new ISP does not have
one, you may get better results with a pay news server. If you
want text groups only, some people say news.individual.net
(http://news.individual.net) is good and only ?10 per year.
I don't use it so I can't comment on it.

I use them and can recommend them. 10 Euro is about AUD$ 17, per
*year*. Well worth the money.
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:04 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
James

Frank Slootweg wrote:

Ralph Fox wrote:
[deleted]

If you want a good news service and your new ISP does not have
one, you may get better results with a pay news server. If you
want text groups only, some people say news.individual.net
(http://news.individual.net) is good and only ?10 per year.
I don't use it so I can't comment on it.

I use them and can recommend them. 10 Euro is about AUD$ 17, per
*year*. Well worth the money.

Aioe is free and pretty good.

Old February 10th, 2007, 06:23 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Brink

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 08:34:47 +0900, Keith Sayers
wrote:

How please do others obtain this newsgroup? I have been using
Agent as a newsreader on my current server but I am changing servers
and the new one tells me they do not have a news group service. I
have been advised to try http://news-reader.org but when I do, and
find my way through to this group I get : 'There is no recent messages
in this group'. Is there a direct source somewhere to which I could
go?

Download the browser Opera.
It has news and mail - and guess what?
A fully working list of newsgroups :-)
http://www.opera.com
Old February 13th, 2007, 01:53 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Keith Sayers

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:32:14 +1100, "David Bennetts"
wrote:

: Try
http://groups.google.com.au/group/re...?lnk=srg&hl=en

Got it - thank you - but it brings up messages grouped by topic
(and this topic first) - I would prefer them to come up listed by
date, most recent on top. Should I be able to change settings somehow
to achieve that? My careful poking around has not yet shown me how.

And on Sun, 11 Feb 2007 03:23:40 +0900, Brink not@chance wrote:

Download the browser Opera.
It has news and mail - and guess what?
A fully working list of newsgroups :-)
http://www.opera.com

That looks promising - I will try for it.