Post Cruise - Fort Lauderdale

Old March 30th, 2009, 07:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Post Cruise - Fort Lauderdale

We did the air boat in the everglades,and we were very disappointed,not
like they picture it. the boat does not go like you would think an
air boat would,more like a sightseeing boat,just about moving along,all
you see is a couple alligators and some murkey water,and the roar of the
motor is deafining.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 30th, 2009, 09:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

(Surfer E2468) wrote:

We did the air boat in the everglades,and we were very disappointed,not
like they picture it. the boat does not go like you would think an
air boat would,more like a sightseeing boat,just about moving along,all
you see is a couple alligators and some murkey water,and the roar of the
motor is deafining.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

I initially wanted to do an airboat in the Everglades but they are not
allowed there now. So we did do one in Ft. Lauderdale as an
excursion. It was 24 December 2006, and I also found it
disappointing. It IS very noisy (take earplugs) and there were very
few animals to be seen. (why would they stay around to hear al that
noise) The actual everglades is much better. Also the drivers
apparently are not paid much and rely on getting tips.

They took us to Sawgrass Recreation Park, which is a private park. We
saw one alligator (who appeared quite alert and interested in the
boat)

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/3271...Lauderdale.jpg

a couple of birds including an osprey with a fish, and a few fish. The
guide demonstrated saw grass, and how you could get a cottony gauze
type substance out of cattails. We also saw how they were trying to
kill the Australian trees that they brought in to suck the water up
out of the Everglades.

They had a tame egret who sat on top of the building. There used to be
a Seminole village there, but it was blown away by hurricanes, and all
there is now is a video tape made when the village was there. They
also had some animals in cages including a breeding pair of
alligators, a crocodile, various snakes, turtles and iguanas, a very
young Florida panther (7 months old - still had some residual spots)
and of all things a 3 month old tiger cub.

Old March 31st, 2009, 01:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

After our air boat ride,we were taken to a small place to see a man
wrestling alligators, he also relied on tips

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 31st, 2009, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 3/30/2009 8:59 PM Surfer E2468 "tweaked" on too much Starbucks said:
After our air boat ride,we were taken to a small place to see a man
wrestling alligators, he also relied on tips

cruise lover(~~~~~)

I hope he relies on a Higher Power too. I once saw a guy almost eaten
by an alligator on Youtoobe.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera