cape cod canal

Old August 13th, 2012, 02:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
mary gauvin

Default cape cod canal

Do any cruise the canal. I live fairly near it and I have never seen a
cruise ship.

Old August 13th, 2012, 12:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gettamulla Tupya[_2_]

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 21:23:31 -0400, (mary gauvin) wrote:

Do any cruise the canal. I live fairly near it and I have never seen a
cruise ship.

Well, if you have never seen one, they probably don't.

Old August 13th, 2012, 03:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jaap[_2_]

On Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:23:31 PM UTC-4, mary gauvin wrote:
Do any cruise the canal. I live fairly near it and I have never seen a

cruise ship.

I don't think the Canal's bridges van clear any of todays cruise ships.
The dept of 32 feet is enough for most but the 135 feet height limit for bridges would only allow small cruiseships.
Old August 15th, 2012, 08:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Karen

Jaap wrote:
On Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:23:31 PM UTC-4, mary gauvin wrote:
Do any cruise the canal. I live fairly near it and I have never seen

cruise ship.

I don't think the Canal's bridges van clear any of todays cruise
ships.
The dept of 32 feet is enough for most but the 135 feet height limit
for bridges would only allow small cruiseships.

I have done CCC transits on both the Deutschland and the Silver Whisper.
Both transited at night, which is why you probably don't see ships
going through.

Karen
Old August 16th, 2012, 02:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

Hi Karen,
Glad to see you back onboard . Hope you and your husbad are well and
still cruising.

~~Doris~~