some nice words about Ryanair

Old June 13th, 2013, 09:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default some nice words about Ryanair

I've said some unkind things about Ryanair in the past based on my
experiences at Stansted, but I think it's time to say a few positive words.
We flew from Weeze to Reus last week, and paid the 10€ extra for a
pre-booked seat - I booked 1A and 1C, figuring that it was highly
unlikely that anyone would take 1B unless the plane really was 100%
full. We had the pleasure of sitting right up front chatting with the
flight attendants, an extremely friendly and enthusiastic group of young
people from all over Europe - it turned out that the members of this
crew came from Poland, Slovakia, Portugal and Hungary.
On the way back, my better half left her kindle behind lying on the
seat and didn't notice the loss till we got home. Ryanair doesn't have a
lost&found, but we phoned the Weeze airport information the same day,
who told us that nothing had been reported as found, but to phone again
the next day, as the Ryanair aircraft are cleaned and serviced overnight
in Weeze. I was not very optimistic of ever seeing the kindle again, but
the following day we phoned and sure enough, the kindle had been found
and handed in. The lost&found takes a handling charge, but for 6€ plus
5€ they sent it back the same day.

Old June 14th, 2013, 06:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erick T. Barkhuis[_3_]

Tom P:

I've said some unkind things about Ryanair in the past[...]
We flew [Ryanair] from Weeze to Reus last week, and [...]

Thanks for the report, Tom. Glad to hear you got your Kindle back.
Just curious, though: what made you decide to fly Ryanair again,
although you had not been satisfied with them so far?

--
Erick
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

On Friday, June 14, 2013 6:45:03 AM UTC+1, Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:
Tom P:

I've said some unkind things about Ryanair in the past[...]

We flew [Ryanair] from Weeze to Reus last week, and [...]

Thanks for the report, Tom. Glad to hear you got your Kindle back.

Just curious, though: what made you decide to fly Ryanair again,

although you had not been satisfied with them so far?

--

Erick

If you book Ryanair with your eyes open, its incredible value makes it difficult to sustain much complaint, almost whatever the deficiency.
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 06/14/2013 07:45 AM, Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:
Tom P:

I've said some unkind things about Ryanair in the past[...]
We flew [Ryanair] from Weeze to Reus last week, and [...]

Thanks for the report, Tom. Glad to hear you got your Kindle back.
Just curious, though: what made you decide to fly Ryanair again,
although you had not been satisfied with them so far?

Reus is exactly 10 minutes drive from where we were headed, Tarragona.
Plus we were only there for two days so hand luggage was ok.
Ryanair gets expensive if you have luggage.
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:13 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

On Friday, June 14, 2013 10:50:47 AM UTC+1, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 01:56:07 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman

wrote:

On Friday, June 14, 2013 6:45:03 AM UTC+1, Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:

Tom P:

I've said some unkind things about Ryanair in the past[...]

We flew [Ryanair] from Weeze to Reus last week, and [...]

Thanks for the report, Tom. Glad to hear you got your Kindle back.

Just curious, though: what made you decide to fly Ryanair again,

although you had not been satisfied with them so far?

--

Erick

If you book Ryanair with your eyes open, its incredible value makes it difficult to sustain much complaint, almost whatever the deficiency.

Other than complaints from those stranded in foreign holiday resorts

when things go very wrong.

--

Martin in Zuid Holland

In some 50 years of civilian flying (starting with a now non-existent hop from Lympe to Beauvais, and a 4-hour prop flight from London to Spain with good old Clarkson's!) I/we must have been incredibly lucky. Discounting some delays of, say, up to 2 hours or so, our only ever problem was missing baggage in Turkey which was then found (still on the plane) within the hour. We have never been seriously mucked about with, anywhere. Our worst delays (2 hours) were with Italia.