About that Orca that killed

Old February 26th, 2010, 03:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default About that Orca that killed

Probably many have read the story about the Orca (so called killer
whale) that killed the animal trainer this week. Think about this the
next time you go swimming with dolphins or take your family to swim
with dolphins while on a cruise.....Orcas are dolphins.

--
Charles
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

Charles wrote:
Probably many have read the story about the Orca (so called killer
whale) that killed the animal trainer this week. Think about this the
next time you go swimming with dolphins or take your family to swim
with dolphins while on a cruise.....Orcas are dolphins.

Yeah, BIG ASS dolphins with huge sharp teeth and VERY LARGE
mouthes. Not sure what your point was.

Clay
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

On 2/25/2010 9:59 PM, frijoli wrote:
Charles wrote:
Probably many have read the story about the Orca (so called killer
whale) that killed the animal trainer this week. Think about this the
next time you go swimming with dolphins or take your family to swim
with dolphins while on a cruise.....Orcas are dolphins.

Yeah, BIG ASS dolphins with huge sharp teeth and VERY LARGE mouthes. Not
sure what your point was.

Clay

Point was Orcas don't need to be kept in a container for anyone else
entertainment, anymore than dolphins or whatever.

Marsha
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonny

"frijoli" wrote in message
Charles wrote:

Sea World should sell that sucker to the Japanese fishing fleet or
turn him into Whale-On-A-Stick there at a concession stand.
--
Nonny

Luxury cars now offer a great seating option for politicians.
These seats blow heated air onto their backside in the winter and
cooled air in the summer. If sold to voters, though, the car
seats
are modified to just blow smoke up the voter's rump year-round

Old February 26th, 2010, 05:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 2/25/10 9:59 PM, frijoli wrote:
Charles wrote:
Probably many have read the story about the Orca (so called killer
whale) that killed the animal trainer this week. Think about this the
next time you go swimming with dolphins or take your family to swim
with dolphins while on a cruise.....Orcas are dolphins.

Yeah, BIG ASS dolphins with huge sharp teeth and VERY LARGE mouthes. Not
sure what your point was.

Clay

So are Bottlenose dolphins... most of those are larger than sharks too...

I think his point is that as wild animals (unlike your friendly
neighborhood golden retriever) they COULD be VERY dangerous.

--Tom
Old February 26th, 2010, 05:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 2/25/10 10:45 PM, Nonny wrote:

"frijoli" wrote in message
Charles wrote:

Sea World should sell that sucker to the Japanese fishing fleet or turn
him into Whale-On-A-Stick there at a concession stand.

I think the Japanese fishing fleet prefers to do their slaughtering
(er... research) on wild Whales. And I think it's only one type of
whale that they hunt and eat. Minke whales IIRC.

--Tom
Old March 7th, 2010, 05:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Charles :

Probably many have read the story about the Orca (so called killer
whale) that killed the animal trainer this week. Think about this the
next time you go swimming with dolphins or take your family to swim
with dolphins while on a cruise.....Orcas are dolphins.

Not exactly. Dolphins and orcas are both cetaceans. But orcas are
not dolphins. Humans and chimps are both primates, but ...
--

- dillon I am not invalid

You know, I can't think of nothing finer than a fine
naked woman holding a gun. And you got all kinds of
fine going on.

Frankie Figs
Old March 7th, 2010, 01:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Charles :
Probably many have read the story about the Orca (so called killer
whale) that killed the animal trainer this week. Think about this the
next time you go swimming with dolphins or take your family to swim
with dolphins while on a cruise.....Orcas are dolphins.

In May, when we went whale watching in Alaska, someone asked if we would
see orcas. We were told that orcas were not whales, they were
dolphins. We did not see orcas on our excursion, but we did see some
beautiful whales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orca

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphins

http://whale.wheelock.edu/archives/ask98/0401.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_whale

BTW, we did see a couple of whales from the ship, the Star Princess.

Becca