Traveling to London 06/09/04 to 20/09/04

Old September 21st, 2004, 09:39 PM
Ed Dente

Richard wrote:
: "Rita" wrote in message
: ...

: I had to buy some over the counter meds while in
: London this spring and found them to cost considerably
: less than in the U.S. What's more I could obtain some
: that are available only by prescription in the U.S.

: That's the exception that makes the rule!

: Medication of any sort is almost always more costly in the US.

: If you do the research, you'll find articles about Americans going to Mexico
: and Canada to stock up on medications at a fraction of the price they're
: used to paying in the US.

You'll never be more conscious of this than if you cross from Nogales AZ to Nogales MX.
You'd think the Mexico town comprises nothing but pharmacies. Last time I was there I
didn't notice, but I can't imagine Nogales AZ can support more than one.
(Hyperbole, I guess, but that's what it seems like.)
Ed
Old September 21st, 2004, 09:46 PM
Ed Dente

Alan Harrison wrote:

: "Richard" wrote in message
: ...

: IME whatever costs a CAD here in Montreal costs a GBP in London. Notable
: exception being a pint at the local pub. London's still a great city, just
: that it's bloody expensive.

: As a midlander in southern exile, my great London price moan is about how
: expensive a pint of beer is down here. I pay the same for a newspaper or a
: tube of toothpaste as I would back hom in Walsall, and can't for the life of
: me understand why I get charged 40 or 50 pence more for a jar, expecially
: when it's a local London brew like Fuller's.

: Alan Harrison

Nothing like the thrill of discovering that you can get four pints of the best, freshest
Pilsner Urquel in a good pub in Prague for the price of a single pint of Fuller's,
Greene King, or any other real ale in London. If anyone's planning a trip to include
both cities, make sure to do London first, then Prague, otherwise the shock of the price
differential will make you too depressed to have more than a single pint in London.
Ed

Old September 21st, 2004, 10:32 PM
Hatunen

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:39:27 GMT, Ed Dente
wrote:

Richard wrote:
: "Rita" wrote in message
: ...

: I had to buy some over the counter meds while in
: London this spring and found them to cost considerably
: less than in the U.S. What's more I could obtain some
: that are available only by prescription in the U.S.

: That's the exception that makes the rule!

: Medication of any sort is almost always more costly in the US.

: If you do the research, you'll find articles about Americans going to Mexico
: and Canada to stock up on medications at a fraction of the price they're
: used to paying in the US.

You'll never be more conscious of this than if you cross from Nogales AZ to Nogales MX.
You'd think the Mexico town comprises nothing but pharmacies. Last time I was there I
didn't notice, but I can't imagine Nogales AZ can support more than one.
(Hyperbole, I guess, but that's what it seems like.)

There are charter buses to take people to Nogales for drugs.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 01:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Traveling to London 06/09/04 to 20/09/04

WOW that's great!
During the Olympic Games I went to visit East London & Stratford where the Olympic Park reside and enjoyed the culture and sport competitions. i Started with two famous museums and then went towards Victoria Park where there was a big happening and festival with huge t.v. screens displaying all day by day the olympics activities. it was so much fun. i got it all planed before i went there. http://www.voyajo.com/viewTrip.aspx?trip=111748 I can’t wait for the next Olympics! around September is Summer in London, and so the weather is good. not too cold, but i still recommend taking long sleeves. its little bit cold at the evenings.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:
WOW that's great!
During the Olympic Games I went to visit East London & Stratford where the Olympic Park reside and enjoyed the culture and sport competitions. i Started with two famous museums and then went towards Victoria Park where there was a big happening and festival with huge t.v. screens displaying all day by day the olympics activities. it was so much fun. i got it all planed before i went there.
http://www.voyajo.com/viewTrip.aspx?trip=111748 I can’t wait for the next Olympics! around September is Summer in London, and so the weather is good. not too cold, but i still recommend taking long sleeves. its little bit cold at the evenings.

Either you are VERY late posting your request, or you're living a few
years behind the times! (I realize Europeans express numerical dates as
"day, month, year", where Americans list them as "month, day, year" -
which would mean you're talking about September 6 through 20 - but we
are already in 2012, and "04" was 2004.)