Avoid Delta and Atlanta

Old July 21st, 2006, 11:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 18:52:35 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

mrtravel writes:

When I was in high school, I think I heard we had about 30 years of oil
left. How many years of oil do we have left 30 years later?

We have 30 years of oil left every year.

Hmmm... what do you mean by that?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old July 22nd, 2006, 01:49 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Your logic is broken. No-one said anything about heating.

You say that education can compensate for excessive heat. Logically,
then, education can also compensate for excessive cold. Thus, there's
no more need for heating systems than there is for air conditioning
systems.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 01:50 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Hmmm... what do you mean by that?

People have been saying that there's only 30 years of oil left for a
very long time, and yet the exhaustion of oil reserves seems to remain
perpetually 30 years in the future.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 09:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 02:49:50 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Your logic is broken. No-one said anything about heating.

You say that education can compensate for excessive heat. Logically,
then, education can also compensate for excessive cold. Thus, there's
no more need for heating systems than there is for air conditioning
systems.

As cold does not mean hot, your logic is broken.

Believe it or not, they are two very different things.
--
---
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:12 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Following up to Dave Frightens Me

As cold does not mean hot, your logic is broken.

Believe it or not, they are two very different things.

he will say they are not, being differing levels of electron
agitation or some such bollox.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:12 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Following up to Mxsmanic

People have been saying that there's only 30 years of oil left for a
very long time, and yet the exhaustion of oil reserves seems to remain
perpetually 30 years in the future.

there were a number of new fields discovered in my lifetime,
there is also the issue of using shale oil at much higher prices.
Are the worlds resources finite?
Is the worlds ability to absorb pollution finite?
Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Believe it or not, they are two very different things.

They are both extremes of temperature, and their physiological effects
cannot be eliminated by mere education.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:15 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

The Reid writes:

there were a number of new fields discovered in my lifetime,
there is also the issue of using shale oil at much higher prices.
Are the worlds resources finite?
Is the worlds ability to absorb pollution finite?

I think the real limiting factor on the use of fossil fuels is the
pollution produced by burning them, not the actual amount available in
the ground.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Jim Ley

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 12:15:17 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

The Reid writes:

there were a number of new fields discovered in my lifetime,
there is also the issue of using shale oil at much higher prices.
Are the worlds resources finite?
Is the worlds ability to absorb pollution finite?

I think the real limiting factor on the use of fossil fuels is the
pollution produced by burning them, not the actual amount available in
the ground.

So if the pollution was captured and stored, there'd be no problem
with them?

Jim.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 12:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 12:14:18 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Believe it or not, they are two very different things.

They are both extremes of temperature, and their physiological effects
cannot be eliminated by mere education.

Ha ha! I got you on that one! )

Squeal like a pig!
--