Anyone here been on the Glory and Mariner?

Old April 20th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Rick King

Default Anyone here been on the Glory and Mariner?

"Badger" wrote in message
m...
Looking for a good comparison review. Likes dislikes, etc.

Clay

I was on the Glory in August and the Mariner last month. Our family enjoyed
both ships. I know I will get slammed for this but the food on the Glory
was on a par with the Mariner. You even have more choices in the alternative
dining venue on the Glory. The only real downside is the Glory feels a
little closed in and crowded at times.

We loved both ships!

later

Rick

Old April 21st, 2004, 01:55 AM
DaFlaBear

Sorry Howie (dabrain) Carnival is for the Greyhound bus crowd, are you
one of them?

Old April 21st, 2004, 03:18 AM
Charles

In article , DaFlaBear
wrote:

Sorry Howie (dabrain) Carnival is for the Greyhound bus crowd, are you
one of them?

Get off your high horse. Someone with a webtv should not be putting
anyone down for the crowd they are in !!!

--
Charles
Old April 21st, 2004, 03:29 AM
Howie

DaFlaBear wrote:

Sorry Howie (dabrain) Carnival is for the Greyhound bus crowd, are you
one of them?

Us, us, us, us, us,
and them, them, them, them, them,
and after all,
we're only ordinary men.

Howie

Old April 21st, 2004, 04:34 PM
BRENTSTELL

To the DaFlaBear,

I think I am a savvy cruiser.

I have been on more then 140 cruises. On almost every major cruise line.

I just returned from The Carnival Legend. Food & service was better then the
Mariner of the Seas.
I also sailed both the Glory & the Mariner on their Maiden Voyagers. Both very
nice ships.

You should have a great cruise on either ship.

Brent
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:09 PM
Becca

BRENTSTELL wrote:

I have been on more then 140 cruises. On almost every major cruise
line.

I just returned from The Carnival Legend. Food & service was better
then the Mariner of the Seas.

Brent, I agree, the food was better on Carnival, but the Mariner did
have a nice breakfast buffet. Their lunch buffet was not much to speak
of, so I will try eating in the dining room next time. I had no problem
finding something to eat, but my husband was harder to please.

I enjoyed the ice show, the Solarium and mini golf on the Mariner. On
Carnival I enjoy their entertainment, the comedy and the food.

Becca -----enjoyed both cruises...

Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/

Old May 4th, 2004, 02:09 PM
dave

I rather like carnival myself... RCCL is kind of wretched to the
crew. I worked for them for one contract and quickly switched to
carnival. The whole atmosphere seems better, not only for us crew but
for the passengers also... Hell, on RCCL crew couldn't even mingle
with the passengers, yet with carnival we can all get dressed up and
party with the cones if we want.

Old May 4th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Howie

dave wrote:
I rather like carnival myself... RCCL is kind of wretched to the
crew. I worked for them for one contract and quickly switched to
carnival. The whole atmosphere seems better, not only for us crew but
for the passengers also... Hell, on RCCL crew couldn't even mingle
with the passengers, yet with carnival we can all get dressed up and
party with the cones if we want.

Interesting Dave. I was under the impression that RCCL was the better
employer; however, I got this impression from talking with several
entertainers (i.e., dancers, singers, and musicians) that I have met on
various cruises.

Howie

Old May 5th, 2004, 07:31 AM
dave

n Tue, 04 May 2004 16:23:29 -0400, Howie
wrote:

dave wrote:
I rather like carnival myself... RCCL is kind of wretched to the
crew. I worked for them for one contract and quickly switched to
carnival. The whole atmosphere seems better, not only for us crew but
for the passengers also... Hell, on RCCL crew couldn't even mingle
with the passengers, yet with carnival we can all get dressed up and
party with the cones if we want.

Interesting Dave. I was under the impression that RCCL was the better
employer; however, I got this impression from talking with several
entertainers (i.e., dancers, singers, and musicians) that I have met on
various cruises.

Howie

Well I suppose for anyone in the entertainment faction it will be the
same on whichever ship you work. However, the fact does remain that
carnival isn't really as strict as RCCL.

Old May 5th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Howie

wrote:

dave wrote:

I rather like carnival myself... RCCL is kind of wretched to the
crew. I worked for them for one contract and quickly switched to
carnival. The whole atmosphere seems better, not only for us crew but
for the passengers also... Hell, on RCCL crew couldn't even mingle
with the passengers, yet with carnival we can all get dressed up and
party with the cones if we want.

Interesting Dave. I was under the impression that RCCL was the better
employer; however, I got this impression from talking with several
entertainers (i.e., dancers, singers, and musicians) that I have met on
various cruises.

Howie

Well I suppose for anyone in the entertainment faction it will be the
same on whichever ship you work. However, the fact does remain that
carnival isn't really as strict as RCCL.

What I was actually told was that RCCL pays its entertainers far better
than the other cruise lines. Carnival crew seem to much prefer life on
Destiny class ships to that on Spirit class ships. What ships have you
been on?

Howie