HONG KONG temples???

Old November 8th, 2003, 01:52 AM
NYCutler

Default HONG KONG temples???

Might be able to have a 3 day lay stop in Hong Kong....
I am aware that it is a "big city" but does it have its "spiritual corners"???
Any really great temples...? Or is it a giant urban sprawl?

thanks
Old November 8th, 2003, 05:57 AM
Runge

It is both.
On Lantau island you have a giant Buddha and in the city there are several
temples, not forgetting the moschee in Tsim Sha Tsui

Old November 8th, 2003, 06:09 AM
Peter L

"NYCutler" wrote in message
Might be able to have a 3 day lay stop in Hong Kong....
I am aware that it is a "big city" but does it have its "spiritual

corners"???
Any really great temples...? Or is it a giant urban sprawl?

HK's spiritual center is located right inside the HKSB building. Yes there
are a couple of very popular temples but nothing "really great". There is a
new one just built several years ago with very interesting architecture, no
nail was used in the entire building. All the wood was fitted together.

thanks

Old November 8th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Elaine

"NYCutler" wrote in message
Might be able to have a 3 day lay stop in Hong Kong....
I am aware that it is a "big city" but does it have its "spiritual

corners"???
Any really great temples...? Or is it a giant urban sprawl?

There's a collection of temples dedicated to Confucianism, Buddhism and
Taoism at the Yuen Yuen Institute in the Tsuen Wan district. Very touristy,
but worth a visit if you're into temples.

Elaine