Why don't Americans or Australians want to visit London?

Old April 20th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Rachelskin80 Rachelskin80 is offline
Member

Location: London
Angry Why don't Americans or Australians want to visit London?

Why are Americans and Australians so unwilling to do a home exchange with my house in Chiswick, London? I've got a five bedroom house in an ideal location, yet I`m not getting offers.On the free exchange website I'm on, where there are hundreds of Europeans interested in doing an exchange with me... No one in the states is interested. The numbers aren't very high, and there are only 3 Australian houses even up there!!!!

Does anyone know what might explain this? Or where I can find interested Americans? I don't want to pay for membership.

If there's anyone HERE who is interested, then you can get in touch with me here PLEASE:

http://en.homeforhome.com/house/chiswick-102.html

Thanks
Old April 20th, 2009, 05:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

Default Why don't Americans or Australians want to visit London?

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:22:06 +0100, Rachelskin80
wrote:

Why are Americans and Australians so unwilling to do a home exchange
with my house in Chiswick, London? I've got a five bedroom house in an
ideal location, yet I`m not getting offers.On the free exchange website
I'm on, where there are hundreds of Europeans interested in doing an
exchange with me... No one in the states is interested. The numbers
aren't very high, and there are only 3 Australian houses even up
there!!!!

Does anyone know what might explain this? Or where I can find
interested Americans? I don't want to pay for membership.

If there's anyone HERE who is interested, then you can get in touch
with me here PLEASE:

http://en.homeforhome.com/house/chiswick-102.html

April and May aren't the best times of year for Americans to get
away. Holidays here run June-July-Sept.

Old April 20th, 2009, 06:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

wrote:

Why are Americans and Australians so unwilling to do a home exchange
with my house in Chiswick, London? I've got a five bedroom house in an
ideal location, yet I`m not getting offers.On the free exchange website
I'm on, where there are hundreds of Europeans interested in doing an
exchange with me... No one in the states is interested. The numbers
aren't very high, and there are only 3 Australian houses even up
there!!!!

Does anyone know what might explain this? Or where I can find
interested Americans? I don't want to pay for membership.

If there's anyone HERE who is interested, then you can get in touch
with me here PLEASE:

http://en.homeforhome.com/house/chiswick-102.html

April and May aren't the best times of year for Americans to get
away. Holidays here run June-July-Sept.

Somebody should have warned the Keukenhof, which is only open until around mid
May, before they decide that this was an American special year there.

How are they doing with the Americans?

I'm not sure how flowers and home exchanges become comparable,
though.

We've often thought about doing home exchanges, but it would have
to be in summer and only the brave come to Tucson in the summer.
There's a lot to do and see hereabouts, though.

Old April 20th, 2009, 06:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jeff Lawrence[_2_]

"Martin" wrote in message

Somebody should have warned the Keukenhof, which is only open until around
mid
May, before they decide that this was an American special year there.

I've just got back from the Keukenhof and whereas it was pretty busy I
didn't see too many Americans. Lots of Spanish, French and Japanese though.
Quite a few English too but most of them were my family.
Cheers
Jeff

Old April 20th, 2009, 06:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Rachelskin80 wrote:
Why are Americans and Australians so unwilling to do a home exchange
with my house in Chiswick, London? I've got a five bedroom house in an
ideal location, yet I`m not getting offers.On the free exchange website
I'm on, where there are hundreds of Europeans interested in doing an
exchange with me... No one in the states is interested. The numbers
aren't very high, and there are only 3 Australian houses even up
there!!!!

Speaking as one American, I value my privacy far too much to let some
stranger occupy my home in my absence - however allegedly luxurious the
"exchange" accommodations might be!
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tamzen Cannoy[_2_]

In article ,
Rachelskin80 wrote:

Why are Americans and Australians so unwilling to do a home exchange
with my house in Chiswick, London? I've got a five bedroom house in an
ideal location, yet I`m not getting offers.On the free exchange website
I'm on, where there are hundreds of Europeans interested in doing an
exchange with me... No one in the states is interested. The numbers
aren't very high, and there are only 3 Australian houses even up
there!!!!

Does anyone know what might explain this? Or where I can find
interested Americans? I don't want to pay for membership.

If there's anyone HERE who is interested, then you can get in touch
with me here PLEASE:

http://en.homeforhome.com/house/chiswick-102.html

Thanks

Home exchanges are not at all common in the US. I would bet less than a
very small percent of people living here have ever heard of it at all.

Old April 21st, 2009, 05:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
In article ,
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Rachelskin80 wrote:
Why are Americans and Australians so unwilling to do a home exchange
with my house in Chiswick, London? I've got a five bedroom house in an
ideal location, yet I`m not getting offers.On the free exchange website
I'm on, where there are hundreds of Europeans interested in doing an
exchange with me... No one in the states is interested. The numbers
aren't very high, and there are only 3 Australian houses even up
there!!!!

Speaking as one American, I value my privacy far too much to let some
stranger occupy my home in my absence - however allegedly luxurious the
"exchange" accommodations might be!

Same here. In fact, I just booked a trip to London a few minutes ago. I
can't wait to get there, but I couldn't imagine allowing complete
strangers to stay in my home, especially without me being there.

That makes three of us. I just don't like the idea of strangers in my home
and my being gone so far away...for safety and security sakes and privacy.

--Jean

Old April 21st, 2009, 07:29 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:37:49 +0200, Jeff Lawrence wrote in post :
:

Quite a few English too but most of them were my family.

Seeing the same person 200 times doesn't count as 200 :-)
--
Tim C.
Old April 21st, 2009, 10:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
congokid

In article , Alan S
writes
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:30:43 -0500, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

That makes three of us. I just don't like the idea of strangers in my home
and my being gone so far away...for safety and security sakes and privacy.

I don't have a problem with it at all. Living in a holiday
location I let my house as a furnished "holiday" letting by
the week every Christmas from 2000 - 2007, for a suitably
phenomenonal fee which paid for my own holidays. Last year
we stayed home for a change.

I've not done it (my bijoux pad is a bit small for most visitors' needs,
I'd imagine), but friends who used to live near Wimbledon made a small
fortune every year letting out their very nice house during the
tournament fortnight.
--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...