Vietnam with Thai woman

Old October 16th, 2003, 07:35 AM
Desert Dweller

Default Vietnam with Thai woman

Why would there be?

Old October 16th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Stephen

I have read in a Vietnam Guide book that it can be difficult
white male travelling with an Oriental woman.

It sounds strange in this day and age but thats what the guide book said.

I would be intrested to know because I plan to travel to Vietnam with my
Japanese wife.

Stephen - London

Old October 17th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Mike

Any problems travelling with a Thai woman in Hanoi.??oe from the
locals?
Old October 17th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Doug Reese

"Stephen" wrote:
I have read in a Vietnam Guide book that it can be difficult
white male travelling with an Oriental woman.

It sounds strange in this day and age but thats what the guide book said.

I would be intrested to know because I plan to travel to Vietnam with my
Japanese wife.

Stephen - London

Don't worry. It's not a problem.

And don't believe everything that's in The Lonely Planet.

Doug Reese
Vietnamtourism
Washington DC

Old October 18th, 2003, 04:14 AM
Mike

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 06:35:32 +0000, Desert Dweller
wrote:

Why would there be?

See the lonely planet guide on Hanoi
Old October 19th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Kim-il-Zoom

Stephen,

No problem whatsoever. I am a Westerner, and I have been living
four years in Hanoi with my Japanese wife.

Rgds,
Kim

Old November 15th, 2003, 06:44 AM
maninbkk

Originally posted by Mike

Any problems travelling with a Thai woman in Hanoi.??oe from the

locals?

Only problem that we found was that my thai friend was mistaken for
Vietnamese and everyone wondered why she could not understand what they
were saying!!

Also experienced the same in Cambodia where people spoke to her in
Khmer.

She had to respond in Englsih all the time !!!!!!!

rgds