European cities are safest in the world

Old June 11th, 2008, 10:12 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

Default European cities are safest in the world

Your little willy is about useless - apart from ****ing on your pants, of
course.

"Runge12" kirjoitti
.. .
Great useless info

"Markku Grönroos" a écrit dans le message de
.fi...
A Swiss study concludes that Luxembourg is the safest city in the world.
Second most secure cities are Geneva, Zurich and Helsinki.

Old June 11th, 2008, 09:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
yedyegiss[_2_]

VainGlorious wrote:

Keep in mind this QOL index is geared toward business solutions, not
retirement comfort or nightclubbing. I generally agree with the
results. Large businesses need access to an educated workforce, a
stable government, pleasant surroundings and ease of commerce. These
10 cities are all great choices.

Mercer's web site says:

Mercer’s study is based on detailed assessments and evaluations of 39
key quality of living determinants, grouped in the following categories:

* Political and social environment (political stability, crime, law
enforcement, etc)

* Economic environment (currency exchange regulations, banking services,
etc)

* Socio-cultural environment (censorship, limitations on personal
freedom, etc)

* Health and sanitation (medical supplies and services, infectious
diseases, sewage, waste disposal, air pollution, etc)

* Schools and education (standard and availability of international
schools, etc)

* Public services and transportation (electricity, water, public
transport, traffic congestion, etc)

* Recreation (restaurants, theatres, cinemas, sports and leisure,
etc)

* Consumer goods (availability of food/daily consumption items, cars,
etc)

* Housing (housing, household appliances, furniture, maintenance
services, etc)

* Natural environment (climate, record of natural disasters)

I would think that the "Recreation" category would also cover nightlife,
which is pretty good in places like Vancouver and Vienna. A lot of the
other things, particularly health and sanitation, public services and
transport, and political and social environment, would probably matter
to a retiree, although I notice cost-of-living isn't given much
emphasis, and Zurich - well, Swiss cities in general - ain't cheap.

I live closest to Vancouver (it's my "city" more than Seattle is) and
I would gladly relocate their if asked. Even Dusseldorf or Munich
would be OK, but I certainly prefer Vienna.

Seattle's more my city than Vancouver for the most obvious of reasons,
and I actually like it that way, although Vancouver's all right. But if
a call came in asking me "how would you like to relocate to Vienna," my
suitcase would be packed and papers in order within the fraction of a
second it would take me to reply "I guess that would be okay," while
scarcely containing my delight. Other than the pervasive smokiness of
some of the cafes and pubs, I really like Vienna a lot. I agree about
Düsseldorf and Munich, too.
Old June 11th, 2008, 09:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Fifi

Default European cities are queerest in the world

Markku Grönroos GAILY wrote:

"PeterL" kirjoitti

.
On Jun 10, 12:33 pm, Markku Grönroos wrote:
A Swiss study concludes that Luxembourg is the safest city in the world.
Second most secure cities are Geneva, Zurich and Helsinki.

Swiss study huh? No wonder. Next thing you know they'll tell us that
Swiss restaurants are best in the world.

Well, once a Swedish newspaper listed 100 best authors in the world in all
times. About 40 of them were Swedes.

Which is the best place for homo - sex, "travestie" bars, sex shops...???

--
Best
Gregory Morrow

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Old June 11th, 2008, 09:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_39_]

David Bennetts wrote:

"VainGlorious" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:33:07 +0300, Markku Grönroos
wrote:

A Swiss study concludes that Luxembourg is the safest city in the world.
Second most secure cities are Geneva, Zurich and Helsinki.

Singapore was tied for second place.
The list was compiled by Mercer Human Resources Consulting. They
employ a number of indexes and matrices to arrive at their
conclusions. I certainly can't quibble with them. The results are used
to guide workers and companies when considering
moves/assignments/investments.

Singapore isn't very safe if you are addicted to chewing gum, or wish to
scribble graffiti on walls.

It also isn't very safe for migrant workers, see
http://hrw.org/doc/?t=asia&c=singap

The less poor Turd World "dirt people" in a place, the better the quality of
life. So Singapore rates high in this respect, as do the others on th
list...no preponderance of pesky and destitute dark - coloured minorities.
If you *must* have minorities, better to have them Asian and South Asian,
not black or Arab...

--
Best
Greg

Old June 12th, 2008, 04:17 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:55:39 -0500, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:

If you *must* have minorities, better to have them Asian and South Asian,
not black or Arab...

Ah! My monthly signal that the killfiles need checking.

'bye greg.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alan_s/
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Safest places on Earth? Must all be in the USA, no? Homeland security,
war on terror, lowest murder rate in the Free Worls, two generations
of Bushes keeping the States safe for... something or other. I´d move
there like a shot tomorrow only my brain keeps inerrupting my plan
with questions like " Do you really want to go to a country where they
torture people?" Funny that..

Old June 12th, 2008, 07:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

only dumb ****s wants to live in a ****y ?
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_4_]

wrote:

A Swiss study concludes that Luxembourg is the safest city in the world.
Second most secure cities are Geneva, Zurich and Helsinki.

For those interested, this is the primary source:
http://www.mercer.com/pressrelease/d...ontent=1307990

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alan_s/
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Latest: Indira Gandhi Airport, Delhi

Where does it say that Mercer is a Swiss company?

T.
Old June 13th, 2008, 02:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
VainGlorious

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:32:43 -0700, yedyegiss
wrote:

Seattle's more my city than Vancouver for the most obvious of reasons,
and I actually like it that way, although Vancouver's all right. But if
a call came in asking me "how would you like to relocate to Vienna," my
suitcase would be packed and papers in order within the fraction of a
second it would take me to reply "I guess that would be okay," while
scarcely containing my delight. Other than the pervasive smokiness of
some of the cafes and pubs, I really like Vienna a lot. I agree about
Düsseldorf and Munich, too.

I live equidistant from Seattle and Vancouver (closer to Vancouver,
actually) and even though I have friends in Seattle and go there
regularly for business and entertainment, I still don't like that
city. It's hard to describe why. It's a gut feeling, I guess. I find
Seattle to be dirty and clogged and sloppy and uninviting. Seattle's
downtown core is blank and drab. I have turned down lucrative offers
to live and work in Seattle. I'd rather be poor in Bellingham than
well-paid in Seattle.

I realize that Seattlites love their city and it surely has plenty to
offer. I'm sure tourists enjoy their time there. But I just don't like
the place. Feh.

Vancouver, OTOH, is great. It's a sea of interesting faces and
creative people. It's downtown feels vibrant and alive. Every time I
go there I get charged up and go off on weird adventures. From the
awesome music to the endless galleries to the freakazoid Chinese
shops, Vancouver is a real gem. Seattle is like a frumpy housewife and
Vancouver is like a beer-drinking coed. No comparison.

- TR

Old June 13th, 2008, 07:02 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Markku Grönroos Is A Zionist Hate-Monger

On Jun 10, 3:33*pm, Markku Grönroos wrote:
A Swiss study concludes that Luxembourg is the safest city in the world.
Second most secure cities are Geneva, Zurich and Helsinki.

Hey, Markku - let's play!

I've got LOTS of anti-Zionist material to post, and I've suddenly
taken a real dislike to you.

Your posts are the work of an idiot. You always operate at the same
sub-standard level, positively predidctable and boring.

So let's get to it, Zionist bully-boy!

Changing titles is one of your stupid harrassments of other net
posters, so I'll start the game with that....