Kakadu or Dunk Island

Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:47 PM
Bob Smith

Default Kakadu or Dunk Island

I am interested in taking one of two tours offered by APT. Both are of
the same number of days, but one goes to Kakadu and not Dunk Island and
the other one goes to Dunk Island, but not Kakadu. Which one would you
knowledgeable people suggest? The remainder of the itinerary is the
same.

Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:43 AM
John H

Kakadu would win hands down for me
Lots more interesting
John H

Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:37 AM
Jeff

What do you like doing Bob?

island, reef or outback, adventure???????

Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:53 PM
Bob Smith

Jeff, I enjoy them all, island, reef and assume I would love the
Outback.

Old May 4th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Jeff

Bob
such a difficult question. I would do both... ha but you didn't want to hear
that, right?

how about saving one or the other for your next trip?

cheers
Jeff
http://community.webshots.com/user/surfoz

Old May 4th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Bob Smith

Jeff

As it turns out I may be able to do both. APT has similar tours leaving
a week apart. It is possible I can separate from my tour in Cairns and
fly to Dunk Island, stay there a week and hook up with the following
tour in Cairns when it arrives. One more question if you don't mind? An
acquaintance of mine traveled to Australia and loved it, but said Alice
Springs and Ayers Rock were a bit underwhelming and wished he had
omitted that part of his trip and spent more time elsewhere. Your
opinion?

Regards,

Bob

Old May 5th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Jeff

Bob,

you could also get a bus from Cairns or even drive a hire car down to
Mission Beach and then get the water taxi from there

Im not fussed on Alice, however as an aussie it took me 42 years to get to
experience Ayers Rock, the Olgas and Kings Canyon. I spent a week there (
most os toursits spend a night and a day) and loved every minute of it.. I
think it is awesome!

cheers
Jeff

Old May 5th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Jeff

"Bob Smith" wrote in message
Jeff

As it turns out I may be able to do both. APT has similar tours leaving
a week apart. It is possible I can separate from my tour in Cairns and
fly to Dunk Island, stay there a week and hook up with the following
tour in Cairns when it arrives. One more question if you don't mind? An
acquaintance of mine traveled to Australia and loved it, but said Alice
Springs and Ayers Rock were a bit underwhelming and wished he had
omitted that part of his trip and spent more time elsewhere. Your
opinion?

Regards,

Bob

btw Bob,
there are other islands off Cairns if you don;t want to go to the trouble of
getting yourself to Dunk Is

Green Island is a beautiful coral cay on the outer Great Barrier Reef,
fantastic snorkelling, can be expensive to stay on, however you can do a day
trip from Cairns.

Fitzroy Island is also close to Cairns, not a 5* resort but very laid back
and relaxed, good snorkelling... also day trips avialable

Franklands Islands are well worth a day trip from Cairns, no accomodation,,,
uninhabited national park islands , good reef, great snorkelling, great day
out.

cheers
Jeff