419 scammers get 37 years in jail

Old November 21st, 2005, 05:24 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore,rec.travel.asia

Default 419 scammers get 37 years in jail

Nigerian fraud duo jailed for 37 years
Please excuse the manner of our sentencing...

By John Leyden
Published Monday 21st November 2005 14:15 GMT

Two Nigerian fraudsters have been jailed for a total of 37 years
following their conviction for involvement in what has been described
as the biggest scam in the West African Country's history. Emmanuel
Nwude was sentenced to 25 years imprisonment and Nzeribe Okoli to 12
years imprisonment after they plead guilty to conspiring to defraud a
Brazilian bank of $242m (£141m). The duo will also forfeit $121.5m in
compensation to victims of their scam, which resulted in the collapse
of Sao Paolo-based Banco Noroeste.

A third fraudster, Amaka Anajemba, who was jailed for two and a half
years after agreeing to pay $48.5m in compensation. The crooks milked
millions from staff at the Banco Noroeste by offering huge commissions
in return for brokering a non-existent construction contract to build
an airport in Nigeria's capital Abuja.

"The activities of the accused persons not only led to the collapse of
a bank in a foreign country, but also brought miseries to many innocent
people," said Justice Joseph Oyewole, Reuters reports. The convictions
are the first by Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
(EFCC), established two years ago to combat the country's burgeoning
trade in email scams.

EFCC said it has arrested more than 200 email scam suspects since 2003,
secured a dozen convictions and confiscated property worth $200m. ®

Old November 22nd, 2005, 01:41 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore,rec.travel.asia

Dear esteemed friend.

My name is Emmanuel Nudwe and I am presently in jail, however, I have
in a bank in Lagos the sum of $150 Million US dollars. This is your
golden opportunity to become rich. I need your assistance to help me
transfer this money from my bank to an offshore account. I need to do
this quickly as the evil corrupt governor and warders of this jail are
planning steal the money from my account.
I'm expecting them to start torturing me any day now to get my bank
account details.
If you can let me have all of your bank account details, I have an
accomplice on the outside who will transfer the money to you
immediately. You will then be required to transfer the money to my
Swiss numbered bank account, less of course, your share which is to be
$20 million US dollars.

Don't let this once in a lifetime chance to become a wealthy man pass
you by.

Please find it in your heart to help a brother in distress and get rich
at the same time.

Time is of the essence.

Emmanuel Nudwe Esq

Nigeria

Old November 22nd, 2005, 04:26 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

Default http://massagelondon.org Alternative Health Massage London

nothing new under the sun - I have that kind of emails everyday in my
box.

what I can't understand why a bank can fall into such trap?

Old November 22nd, 2005, 05:10 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore,rec.travel.asia

YOU IN JAIL AND YET ABLE TO USE COMPUTER TO SENT MESSAGES VIA NEWSGROUP
WHAT A CRAP!!!! UTTER RUBBISH!!! YOU ARE AFRICAN SCAM...!!!
DIRTBAG...YOU ROT TO HELL.........
YOU IDIOT PIG...!!!!!
YOU A DREAM....AND DREAM ON FOR PEOPLE TO HELP YOU.
NO ONE WILL HELP YOU, AFRICAN PIG...

ups.com...

Old November 22nd, 2005, 06:45 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore,rec.travel.asia

Soothsayer wrote:

YOU IN JAIL AND YET ABLE TO USE COMPUTER TO SENT MESSAGES VIA NEWSGROUP
WHAT A CRAP!!!! UTTER RUBBISH!!! YOU ARE AFRICAN SCAM...!!!
DIRTBAG...YOU ROT TO HELL.........
YOU IDIOT PIG...!!!!!
YOU A DREAM....AND DREAM ON FOR PEOPLE TO HELP YOU.
NO ONE WILL HELP YOU, AFRICAN PIG...

Chill out. It's a joke.
-S-

Old November 23rd, 2005, 01:39 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore,rec.travel.asia

Dear Mr S. oothsayer.
You have cut me to the skin and bone, tears well in my eye. how COULD
you doubt my bona fide sincerities. I offer you a chance to become
wealthy and you treat me, an honest man, like this! I languish in a
filthy cell because of a minor matter and you take the chance to make
racist remarks about my ancestry. Why do you show the insincerity way
to my honest proposal. Life is so unfair. I hope you can search your
heart and recant your hurtful words.
..

The money awaits you, make haste, be quick.

Yours faithfully

Emmanuel Nudwe Esq

Or ring me (rotting in this filthy
hell hole) on 077756896436 (You can also fax me at 077756896465)
Or my mobile at 077645637895