48hrs in Singapore

Old April 13th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Sharon Abbott

Default 48hrs in Singapore

We have 48 hours in Singapore on our way to New Zealand. Can anyone
suggest how we can prioritise what we see and visit. We will be there
end of July and I gather it will be quite warm!
Old April 13th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Miguel Cruz

Sharon Abbott wrote:
We have 48 hours in Singapore on our way to New Zealand. Can anyone
suggest how we can prioritise what we see and visit. We will be there
end of July and I gather it will be quite warm!

The temperature is about the same all year round (but it is nice and warm).

For me anyway, the main delight of a visit to Singapore is eating. But what
are you interested in? Shopping? Museums? Activities?

miguel

Old April 13th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Peter L

"Sharon Abbott" wrote in message
om...
We have 48 hours in Singapore on our way to New Zealand. Can anyone
suggest how we can prioritise what we see and visit. We will be there
end of July and I gather it will be quite warm!

Night Safari at the zoo, botanical garden, Singapore sling at the Long Bar,
a couple of hawkers centers at night.

Old April 13th, 2004, 11:41 PM
chilly

"Peter L" wrote in message

"Sharon Abbott" wrote in message
om...
We have 48 hours in Singapore on our way to New Zealand. Can anyone
suggest how we can prioritise what we see and visit. We will be there
end of July and I gather it will be quite warm!

Night Safari at the zoo, botanical garden, Singapore sling at the Long

Bar,
a couple of hawkers centers at night.

I wouldn't bother with the Sling at the Long Bar. Extremely over-priced and
just not that tasty.

While the Long Bar was interesting, it wasn't all that. I've actually been
in a few bars at home that weren't much different, except for the fans.

It was also quite warm in there and in July it should be quite a bit worse
in that regard..

Old April 13th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Peter L

"chilly" wrote in message

"Peter L" wrote in message

"Sharon Abbott" wrote in message
om...
We have 48 hours in Singapore on our way to New Zealand. Can anyone
suggest how we can prioritise what we see and visit. We will be there
end of July and I gather it will be quite warm!

Night Safari at the zoo, botanical garden, Singapore sling at the Long

Bar,
a couple of hawkers centers at night.

I wouldn't bother with the Sling at the Long Bar. Extremely over-priced

and
just not that tasty.

While the Long Bar was interesting, it wasn't all that. I've actually

been
in a few bars at home that weren't much different, except for the fans.

It was also quite warm in there and in July it should be quite a bit worse
in that regard..

One does not do that for the price or the taste. It's the experience.

Old April 14th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Spehro Pefhany

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:41:07 GMT, the renowned "chilly"
wrote:

"Peter L" wrote in message

"Sharon Abbott" wrote in message
om...
We have 48 hours in Singapore on our way to New Zealand. Can anyone
suggest how we can prioritise what we see and visit. We will be there
end of July and I gather it will be quite warm!

Night Safari at the zoo, botanical garden, Singapore sling at the Long

Bar,
a couple of hawkers centers at night.

I wouldn't bother with the Sling at the Long Bar. Extremely over-priced and
just not that tasty.

It's been years since I was there, but at the time I was horrified to
see the bartender use tinned pineapple juice.

While the Long Bar was interesting, it wasn't all that. I've actually been
in a few bars at home that weren't much different, except for the fans.

It was also quite warm in there and in July it should be quite a bit worse
in that regard..

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Old April 14th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Miguel Cruz

In article 70_ec.108146$Ig.4918@pd7tw2no, chilly wrote:
It was also quite warm in there and in July it should be quite a bit worse
in that regard..

Singapore is 1 degree north of the equator. July temperatures are about in
the middle of the annual average, which doesn't vary by more than 4 degrees
from the "coldest" month to the warmest.

miguel
Old April 14th, 2004, 12:44 AM
chilly

"Peter L" wrote in message

While the Long Bar was interesting, it wasn't all that. I've actually

been
in a few bars at home that weren't much different, except for the fans.

It was also quite warm in there and in July it should be quite a bit

worse
in that regard..

One does not do that for the price or the taste. It's the experience.

Quite so, which was why I did it. Now I know that it is an experience I
could have omitted, particularly had I only 48 hours to savor Singapore.

Old April 14th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Sjoerd

"Sharon Abbott" schreef in bericht
om...
We have 48 hours in Singapore on our way to New Zealand. Can anyone
suggest how we can prioritise what we see and visit. We will be there
end of July and I gather it will be quite warm!

It is always warm in Singapore. In addition to what others have said, don't
miss the Birdpark in Jurong. Very, very nice!

Sjoerd

Old April 14th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Roger

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:28:23 -0700, "Peter L"
wrote:

"Sharon Abbott" wrote in message
. com...
We have 48 hours in Singapore on our way to New Zealand. Can anyone
suggest how we can prioritise what we see and visit. We will be there
end of July and I gather it will be quite warm!

Night Safari at the zoo, botanical garden, Singapore sling at the Long Bar,
a couple of hawkers centers at night.

Asian Civilisations Museum at Empress Place. For a great view of
Singapore and a cocktail, The Equinox at the Swissotel The Stamford.