Living in GA vs SC

Old March 25th, 2008, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

Default Living in GA vs SC

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:58:00 -0400, "Sarah Banick"
wrote:

Well, in Georgia you still can't buy booze on Sundays....(at the store --
restaurants can serve after 12:30 p.m. Right after church is out)

Not everywhere. Of course in some places it never is sold.

Old March 31st, 2008, 02:39 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone with input ? ( and not a realtor yet)
I'm thinking of renting/buying in either Savannah, GA area
or Charleston, SC / Hilton Head, SC area
Aside from the cost of a particular house
4 bdrm vs 2 ; 3 bath vs 1 etc
Can any locals tell me reasons to pick/avoid either ?
Prop tax too high ? Here/there or
Tax on ... Everything !
Traffic is awful here/there etc.

I'd want to be NEAR the city / water so suburb would be OK , but not 75
miles inland.
Any advice ? pointers/ URL's for comparisons.
I tried google - tried a few links and found gov stats but nothing in a
side-by side "cost-of living" type chart to make it easy

For numbers comparison:
http://www.retirementliving.com/RLtaxes.html