Strongest snowstorm in half century hits NE China

Old March 6th, 2007, 08:53 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush
Earl Evleth[_2_]

Default Strongest snowstorm in half century hits NE China

gosh, algore must be wrong.

THE strongest March snowstorm to hit northeast China's Liaoning
Province in 56 years has left at least one person dead and seven
injured after the roof of an agricultural trade building collapsed
under the weight of the snow, local sources said.

Three arched ceilings of the Minglian Agricultural Trade Building in
Huanggu District, in the provincial capital of Shenyang, collapsed at
noon yesterday, burying about 20 stall owners and customers, said a
witness.

Beginning Saturday night, rain and snow has fallen continually in most
parts of Liaoning, with reported precipitations of 36 millimeters in
Shenyang, 56mm in Dalian and 68mm in Dandong, the Shenyang
Meteorological Observatory reported.

Snow piled up two meters high in some areas, it said.

The snowstorm forced Taoxian International Airport in Shenyang to
close at 8am yesterday.

By 4pm, more than 100 flights had been canceled and over 1,000
passengers were stranded at the airport, which was hoping to reopen
today.

Eleven expressways in Liaoning were closed.

Classes were suspended for today for 900,000 primary and middle school
students in Shenyang.

More moderate rain and snow hit most parts of north China on Saturday
and yesterday, disrupting air and highway travel in these areas.

At Beijing Capital International Airport, more than 200 flights were
delayed by 1pm yesterday due to snowfall, airport sources said.

That followed heavy rain on Saturday, which surpassed the total
rainfall in the capital in the past three months, said Guo Hu,
director of the Beijing Meteorological Observatory.

In Tianjin, Binhai International Airport was closed at 7am yesterday
and more than 20 flights have been delayed, airport sources said.

Expressways through the city were also shut down. The city reported 25
to 32 millimeters of rain and snow by yesterday morning.

In Erdos city in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, which saw a
blizzard on Saturday with a maximum snowfall of up to 20 centimeters,
about 40,000 passengers and 10,000 drivers were stranded.

The Baita Airport in Hohhot, capital of Inner Mongolia Autonomous
Region, had to be closed between 6pm on Saturday and 6am yesterday.

Xinhua

Old March 6th, 2007, 09:31 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Earl Evleth[_1_]

Default Blood clot found in Cheney's leg after 9-day trip

On 6/03/07 9:53, in article
, "Earl Evleth"

writes

"The 66-year-old Cheney, who has a history of heart problems"

He has no heart, but a master piece of robotics

****

Blood clot found in Cheney's leg after 9-day trip

Ben Fuller
Associated Press

Mar. 6, 2007 12:00 AM
WASHINGTON - Doctors discovered a blood clot in Vice President Dick
Cheney's left leg Monday.

Such clots, when untreated, can be fatal, but proper treatment can greatly
reduce the risk from them.

The 66-year-old Cheney, who has a history of heart problems, will be treated
with blood-thinning medication for several months, said spokeswoman Lea Anne
McBride.

She said Cheney visited his doctor's office in Washington after feeling
minor discomfort in his calf. An ultrasound showed the blood clot, called a
deep vein thrombosis, in his left lower leg.

Blood clots that form deep in the legs can become killers if they break off
and float into the lungs. This is called a pulmonary embolism.

Deep vein thrombosis strikes an estimated 2 million Americans each year,
killing 60,000.

Many people suffer DVT after spending long periods without moving, such as
passengers on long-haul airline flights. Cheney spent about 65 hours on a
plane on a nine-day, round-the-world trip that ended last week.

"When you're just sitting there with your legs hanging down for long
periods of time, that's what predisposes you to the problem," said Sean
O'Donnell, chief of vascular surgery at Washington Hospital Center.

"Treated properly, it poses a small threat," O'Donnell said. "Untreated and
unrecognized, it's a very serious problem."

Clots that form in the thigh are more likely to migrate to the lungs than
those that form elsewhere in the legs.

Cheney returned to the White House after the exam and continued his
workday.

Old March 6th, 2007, 09:53 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush
GoMavs

Sigh. Something those of you who do not believe in global warming do not
understand is that climate and weather arent the same. We had snow storms
into April 2 years ago. Yet it was still the hottest year on record. Go
ahead though. Keep pretending that the ice caps arent melting, and that the
seas are not rising, and the islands in the south pacific arent sinking and
that the coral reef isnt bleaching. C02 is invisible so it must not exist
right? Kind of like the God you believe in?

ups.com...

Old March 6th, 2007, 10:34 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush
Earl Evleth[_1_]

On 6/03/07 10:53, in article kSaHh.1122$NA4.392@trnddc07, "GoMavs"
wrote:

Sigh. Something those of you who do not believe in global warming do not
understand is that climate and weather arent the same. We had snow storms
into April 2 years ago. Yet it was still the hottest year on record. Go
ahead though. Keep pretending that the ice caps arent melting, and that the
seas are not rising, and the islands in the south pacific arent sinking and
that the coral reef isnt bleaching. C02 is invisible so it must not exist
right? Kind of like the God you believe in?

"Earl Evleth" wrote in message
ups.com...

Note that this is a forged posting in my name by Stephen
Bach. He does not have the scientific background to understand
what you wrote.

Your point is well taken, however. Local weather does not
a measure of global warming. To see that one has to
look at a large variety of locations and see what is happening
over the long run. Daily highs or lows have less meaning that
the variations during a month.

As seen worldwide for the month of January 2007 the US does not have
a large increase, those increases mainly occurred in Europe and in
particular Siberia

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...-anomalies.jpg

The US changes in the last 100 years have been modest but obvious
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...1895-2006b.jpg

the average (red curve) moving higher since the late 1980s. But overall
the US is not had as large an increase as in Europe, France in particular.

The anti-global warming crowd constantly change their position.

1) first there is no global warming.

2) then they claimed there is but it is not manned caused, the sun did it!

3) a new position is developing "well we can't do anything about it so give
up", a variation of that being that solar warming has some benefits,

Sometimes like the Pig, this group flashes back to number 1. This is the
position of the Pig in this posting sequence, a big snow storm somewhere
and he grabs and runs with it. But then he usually has the runs.

Old March 6th, 2007, 11:25 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush
GoMavs

wrote:
Your point is well taken, however. Local weather does not
a measure of global warming. To see that one has to
look at a large variety of locations and see what is happening
over the long run. Daily highs or lows have less meaning that
the variations during a month.

Indeed. Even eratic weather is a sign of global warming. Harsher, shorter or
later winters are a possibility.
These people who deny global warming dont even understand it really. I
sometimes want to say its pointless to keep debating with them but I am
stuck on go.

Old March 6th, 2007, 11:28 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush
GoMavs

"Magda" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:53:20 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "GoMavs"
arranged
some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Sigh. Something those of you who do not believe in global warming do
not
... understand is that climate and weather arent the same. We had snow
storms

Where are "we"?

we would be America... I am in Dallas. The weather has been extremely odd
here the last several years. However, we had a winter blast back then and
people did the same thing. Yelled that it was proof global warming isnt
real. I guess they mean man influenced. Whatever the case it's a ridiculous
claim. It's like saying a man who is terminally ill of cancer cannot have
several good days where he can move around like he isnt sick.

Old March 6th, 2007, 11:50 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush
Earl Evleth[_1_]

On 6/03/07 12:37, in article ,
"Magda" wrote:

... we would be America... I am in Dallas.

Thank you for not assuming that we can guess *everything*... pp

When "we" Americans use the term "we" it is the Royal "we", like
when Queen Victoria said "we are not amused".

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/401800.html

Origin

Supposedly said by Queen Victoria when annoyed. An example of the use of the
'Royal We'.

:-)

Old March 6th, 2007, 12:29 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush
John Rennie

"Magda" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 11:28:00 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "GoMavs"
arranged
some electrons, so they looked like this:

... "Magda" wrote in message
... ...
... On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:53:20 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "GoMavs"
... arranged
... some electrons, so they looked like this:
... ... Sigh. Something those of you who do not believe in global
warming do
... not
... ... understand is that climate and weather arent the same. We had
snow
... storms
... Where are "we"?
... we would be America... I am in Dallas.

Thank you for not assuming that we can guess *everything*... pp

Does it matter whether man has had an influence on climate change or not?
Isn't the fact that it is changing more important than worrying about man's
effect on that change? Ceratinly climate has changed quite radically in
man's past but primitive and far less populous societies may have been able
to cope more easily with those changes than we can today. Do we face near
extinction and wouldn't that be a good thing anyway?

Old March 6th, 2007, 12:34 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush
GoMavs

"John Rennie" wrote in message
Does it matter whether man has had an influence on climate change or not?
Isn't the fact that it is changing more important than worrying about
man's effect on that change?

I just don't see how anyone can claim greenhouse gasses are not having an
affect and that even if they truly don't believe they are now, why they
would risk it for future generations.

Old March 6th, 2007, 12:51 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush
Luminoso

On 6 Mar 2007 00:53:11 -0800, "Earl Evleth"
wrote:

gosh, algore must be wrong.

THE strongest March snowstorm to hit northeast China's Liaoning
Province in 56 years has left at least one person dead and seven
injured after the roof of an agricultural trade building collapsed
under the weight of the snow, local sources said.

Three arched ceilings of the Minglian Agricultural Trade Building in
Huanggu District, in the provincial capital of Shenyang, collapsed at
noon yesterday, burying about 20 stall owners and customers, said a
witness.

Beginning Saturday night, rain and snow has fallen continually in most
parts of Liaoning, with reported precipitations of 36 millimeters in
Shenyang, 56mm in Dalian and 68mm in Dandong, the Shenyang
Meteorological Observatory reported.

Snow piled up two meters high in some areas, it said.

If it's hotter than usual in any particular place it
proves that the GW people are 100% correct. If it
snows more than usual in any particular place it
ALSO proves the GW people are 100% correct.

Understand ?