Snowstorm

Old February 28th, 2010, 12:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Borked Psuedo Mailed

Default Snowstorm

June wrote:
No.

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
Do you think god is trying to send us a message,all this snow,fires in
california,floods,earthquakes,and now a tidal wave supposed to hit
hawaii,and cause damage all the way to japan.

I blame it all on Global cooling.
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 2/27/2010 10:12 AM, June wrote:
True. My brother lives in Lewes DE and they were just done in there with
all the snow they got. The "road crews" such as they were didn't know
where to PUT the snow they took off the roads. Here the plow truck dumps
it into a big dump truck which when full drives off somewhere prepared
to take huge piles of snow. But this is Michigan, and we were used to
it. They aren't in Delaware.

The best thing to do with huge amounts of snow is to melt it. I've seen
dump trucks on TV that they dump huge amounts of snow into and it
instantly melts it. The truck is parked over a drain or sewer of some
sort of it just gets dumped in there. Of course, only places that get a
LOT of snow would typically have a machine like this.

Bill
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
*muz*

"June" wrote in message
: No.
:
: "Surfer E2468" wrote in message
: ...
: Do you think god is trying to send us a message,all this snow,fires in
: california,floods,earthquakes,and now a tidal wave supposed to hit
: hawaii,and cause damage all the way to japan.
:
:
:
:
:
: cruise lover(~~~~~)

What have you done to think God is punishing all of us? g

If for no other reason, He may be sending us the snow to refill the many
reservoirs that have been too low for several years. God loves
water...that's why He gave us the intelligence to create cruise ships! g

Old February 28th, 2010, 01:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
*muz*

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
: Not looking forward to sailing with the decks full of snow,do not care
: if it is cold,but please NO SNOW,and was wondering how we will make out
: with their parking lot,they say it is not covered,but how can they clear
: the snow with all the cars parked there?

If, like other commercial lots, they cordon off an area and plow, open it
back up and move to the next quadrant.

Old February 28th, 2010, 02:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
*muz*

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
: SUE:
: Our small town did a great job on clearing the snow from the streets,it
: is the dopes that do not clear their sidewalks that annoy me,and i do
: not mean the handicapped,or elderly. You can call
: our town manager and he will have help to those who need it. the ones I
: mean like my next door neighbor who is only 27 and never shovels a
: path,but yet sits outside on his cell phone and smokes up a storm. and
: plays around with a snow blower that he never uses. If my husband who
: is 82 can shovel the snow ,he should be able to also,he is not sick or
: unable he is very healthy.

It's still snowing here in PA. 6 inches last night. 7 miles up the
mountain, it snowed 10 more inches. Our worry is drifting.

Our municipality has directives for inclement weather. We must have
sidewalks shoveled out within 48 hours of the snowfall. The USPS requests
walks to a mailbox be cleared or they will not deliver mail. Are your
neighbors getting their mail?

Does your neighbor only "appear" healthy? People with disabilities, or,
perhaps, a bad back, do not wear signs. We have a snowblower. It weighs
over 100 lbs., with self-propelled capabilities. But, if I try to pivot it
at the corner of the driveway for a return run, I will be laid up for weeks
with herniated disc pain. No fun, at all.

There may be a reason he is smoking outside. Some people inside may be
allergic or it smells up the house. Or, perhaps, he can't get the dang
snowblower to work! g

Old February 28th, 2010, 03:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC[_2_]

Borked Psuedo Mailed wrote:

I blame it all on Global cooling.

Yup ... it is those Prius drivers' fault!

Time to shift back to Hummers! ;-)
--

Ray
=======================
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

I did not do anything to make me think god is punishing us,but there are
many,many others including our past and present leaders who have. All
i can say is god help us all,even as i speak they had a very bad
earthquake in chili. Last i heard they were not asking any one for
help

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old February 28th, 2010, 06:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

No i am not wrongabout our neighbor,he is very healthy,and both he and
his wife both smoke outside,she leavingher 4 week old baby alone
sometimes for over a few hours while she chit chats with her neighbor on
the other side. It is really none of my business,just wish
they would clear their sidewalk`they make sure they can get their car
out,but that is all. Have several young people offer to clear his
walk,but he said to leave it alone ,he was quite capable of doing it.And
as far as clearing a path to the mail boxes,wish we had that option
since they removed all our mail boxes,and we must go 2 miles to the post
office to mail a letter. They say we can leave it in our mail box at
home for the mailman to pick up,but that is unfair to him,if everyone
did that what a load he would have. Sometimes we have a
substitute mailman,and he will not pick up anyones mail that is in their
mail box.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 1st, 2010, 01:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 2/27/10 10:25 PM, RayC wrote:
Borked Psuedo Mailed wrote:

I blame it all on Global cooling.

Yup ... it is those Prius drivers' fault!

Time to shift back to Hummers! ;-)

They said to make the prius batteries, it uses an exorbitant amount of
rare earth metals which are MUCH, MUCH more rare than oil. And about
the only place in the world with those rare earth metals is China.

--Tom
Old March 1st, 2010, 02:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

Tom K wrote:
On 2/27/10 10:25 PM, RayC wrote:
Borked Psuedo Mailed wrote:

I blame it all on Global cooling.

Yup ... it is those Prius drivers' fault!

Time to shift back to Hummers! ;-)

They said to make the prius batteries, it uses an exorbitant amount of
rare earth metals which are MUCH, MUCH more rare than oil. And about
the only place in the world with those rare earth metals is China.

--Tom

Might want to check the facts on that location for the metals.