Italy Train Reservations

Old July 16th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Ivan

Default Italy Train Reservations

Hello If I purchase the ticket online at the trenitalia website and for
some reason or another I have to change my train times or cancel the
ticket, do I have any options?

Thanks,

Ivan

--
Ivan
Ivan's Profile: 430

Old July 16th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Luca Logi

Ivan wrote:

Hello If I purchase the ticket online at the trenitalia website and
forsome reason or another I have to change my train times or cancel
theticket, do I have any options?

If you reserve an ES train in ticketless mode, you are given two codes;
one is the reservation code, to be given to the conductor; the other is
needed if you have to change your reservation. You are allowed free
changes to equivalent ES trains, as long as they are done before the
train leaves (no changes to non-equivalent trains). At this time the
ticket can be refunded with a 20% penalty. If the train leaves, you have
1 hour to change the reservation at the reservation phone number or ask
for a refund (with a 50% penalty). After one hour, no refunds are given.

If the ticket is issued as a paper ticket (from ticket machines), the
ticket is good for two months. As you stamp it before boarding, you have
few hours to complete the trip. Refunds are possible (with a penalty)
but you should try to avoid refunds as often the procedure is slow.

--
Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail: