Bus Reservations in Spain

Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:27 PM

Default Bus Reservations in Spain

I am trying to find bus timetables for Valencia
to/from Benissa and not having much luck.
Anybody know anything about times, whether I would
be wise to reserve seats, or if it is ok just to
turn up at the Bus Station in Valencia the day before
intended travel?
Any help would be appreciated.

Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:48 PM
Jan

I am trying to find bus timetables for Valencia
to/from Benissa and not having much luck.
Anybody know anything about times, whether I would
be wise to reserve seats, or if it is ok just to
turn up at the Bus Station in Valencia the day before
intended travel?
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.alsa.es/VentaParticulares...doHorarios.jsp

Buses every hour. Fare ?16.90

Having used buses all over Spain. I would advise you to book your seat if
possible.
You can book over the internet. You print out the confirmation then exchange
it at the ticket desk for your ticket. - not with the driver as we first
tried to do on one trip.

Jan

Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:49 PM
Jan

Jan wrote:
wrote:
I am trying to find bus timetables for Valencia
to/from Benissa and not having much luck.
Anybody know anything about times, whether I would
be wise to reserve seats, or if it is ok just to
turn up at the Bus Station in Valencia the day before
intended travel?
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.alsa.es/VentaParticulares...doHorarios.jsp

Buses every hour. Fare ?16.90

Having used buses all over Spain. I would advise you to book your
seat if possible.
You can book over the internet. You print out the confirmation then
exchange it at the ticket desk for your ticket. - not with the driver
as we first tried to do on one trip.

Jan

Correction. You can't book this particular journey over the internet.

Jan

Old April 3rd, 2005, 11:33 PM
Nige

If you can book on line then it works ! I booked a bus trip from Sevilla to
Granada 2 days before as I wanted to make sure of seats. I used this web
site http://www.movelia.es/ which takes bookings and printed off the form
and on the day of travel, went to the ticket office and exchanged the print
off for the tickets. It worked smoothly. As it happens, the bus was half
full or was that half empty. If it is a feria or holiday or some special
day, you could find many people wanting to travel.

ups.com...

Old April 4th, 2005, 11:35 AM

Jan wrote:
wrote:
I am trying to find bus timetables for Valencia
to/from Benissa and not having much luck.
Anybody know anything about times, whether I would
be wise to reserve seats, or if it is ok just to
turn up at the Bus Station in Valencia the day before
intended travel? Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.alsa.es/VentaParticulares...doHorarios.jsp
Buses every hour. Fare ?16.90 Having used buses all over
Spain. I would advise you to book your seat if possible.
You can book over the internet. You print out the confirmation
then exchange it at the ticket desk for your ticket. - not
with the driver as we first tried to do on one trip. Jan

Thanks for this and your later post.
Alsa's site does not accept Benissa as a destination.
There is supposed to be a regular service - it is just
that I cannot seem to find a site that works...

Old April 4th, 2005, 11:38 AM

Nige wrote:
If you can book on line then it works ! I booked a
bus trip from Sevilla to Granada 2 days before as I
wanted to make sure of seats. I used this web site
http://www.movelia.es/ which takes bookings and
printed off the form and on the day of travel, went
to the ticket office and exchanged the print off for
the tickets. It worked smoothly. As it happens, the
bus was half full or was that half empty. If it is a
feria or holiday or some special day, you could find
many people wanting to travel.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately Movelia like Alsa do not
accept Benissa as a destination.

Old April 4th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Jan

Jan wrote:
wrote:
I am trying to find bus timetables for Valencia
to/from Benissa and not having much luck.
Anybody know anything about times, whether I would
be wise to reserve seats, or if it is ok just to
turn up at the Bus Station in Valencia the day before
intended travel? Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.alsa.es/VentaParticulares...doHorarios.jsp
Buses every hour. Fare ?16.90 Having used buses all over
Spain. I would advise you to book your seat if possible.
You can book over the internet. You print out the confirmation
then exchange it at the ticket desk for your ticket. - not
with the driver as we first tried to do on one trip. Jan

Thanks for this and your later post.
Alsa's site does not accept Benissa as a destination.
There is supposed to be a regular service - it is just
that I cannot seem to find a site that works...

It does if you put "Benisa" is this not the same?

Jan