Getting to Las vegas cheaply

Old October 9th, 2003, 12:07 PM

Default Getting to Las vegas cheaply

I recently saw a TV show where people got to Vegas real cheap, air tickets and
all. They were using all sort of offers and coupons, whatever. Any tips on
getting to Vegas on the cheap.
I am searching for a rock bottom, to get to LA from Europe. I've nailed airline
tickets all the way to NYC or Chicago but now I must find a way to get to LA. I
was thinking that Las vegas is nearby and a rental car would get me from Vegas to
LA.
Old October 9th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Miss L. Toe

wrote in message
I recently saw a TV show where people got to Vegas real cheap, air tickets

and
all. They were using all sort of offers and coupons, whatever. Any tips on
getting to Vegas on the cheap.
I am searching for a rock bottom, to get to LA from Europe. I've nailed

airline
tickets all the way to NYC or Chicago but now I must find a way to get to

LA. I
was thinking that Las vegas is nearby and a rental car would get me from

Vegas to
LA.

How cheap do you expect to get it for ?
www.ba.com have some deals on

Old October 9th, 2003, 03:03 PM
mrtravel

Miss L. Toe wrote:

How cheap do you expect to get it for ?
www.ba.com have some deals on

From NY or Chicago to LAS on BA???

Old October 9th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Miss L. Toe

"mrtravel" wrote in message
news
Miss L. Toe wrote:

How cheap do you expect to get it for ?
www.ba.com have some deals on

From NY or Chicago to LAS on BA???

The OP said - 'I am searching for a rock bottom, to get to LA from Europe'

I understood the - 'I've nailed airline tickets all the way to NYC or
Chicago' not too mean booked and paid for.

But maybe I dont understand what 'nailed' means.

and looking at your other post about 200USD for the internal US flight,
maybe the OP should consider a direct flight to where he/she wants to go.

Old October 9th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Howard Long

wrote in message
I recently saw a TV show where people got to Vegas real cheap, air tickets

and
all. They were using all sort of offers and coupons, whatever. Any tips on
getting to Vegas on the cheap.
I am searching for a rock bottom, to get to LA from Europe. I've nailed

airline
tickets all the way to NYC or Chicago but now I must find a way to get to

LA. I
was thinking that Las vegas is nearby and a rental car would get me from

Vegas to
LA.

I am not sure why you would you would prefer to fly to LAX when your final
destination is LAS, only to have to spend extra money on renting a car? I
know that I have done the fly/drive before, but that is because I got fed up
of the lines at McCarren airport post 9/11, and convenience rather than cost
was the primary consideration.

In general, flight costs to LAS from Europe (well, London at any rate) are
almost the same as those to LAX as long as you are willing to change planes.
As far as I know, Virgin are the only scheduled carrier to operate directly
into LAS from Europe (LGW), but this is only three times each week (Tue,
Thu, Sun). Their fares are also at a premium because they are the only
direct flight.

I see LGW-LAS at GBP229 on Delta right now on www.airnet.co.uk. This will
normally mean a change of aircraft at Cincinnati or Atlanta. I've taken
Delta LGW-LAS route at least twenty times over the past decade. Nothing
special about their service, except they have started using 767s and 777s on
some transatlantic routes in place of the MD-11s. The 767 makes for better
seating arrangements in Economy (2-3-2 on 767 instead of 2-5-2 [aaarrgghh!]
on MD-11 or 777), although seats are narrower in Business Elite on a 767
than the MD-11 or 777.

LON-LAX is showing GBP209 on the same site on NorthWest (again will need a
change of aircraft, probably at Minneapolis or Detroit). You would easily
use up GBP20 of gas driving to and from Vegas, not to mention the rental
charge and insurance.

Good luck, Howard