Classical music in London in June and July

Old March 29th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Geoffrey Akst

Default Classical music in London in June and July

Hi. I'm a classical music buff and will be in London in late June and
in early July. Could anyone please e-mail me (at ) to
tell me where on the Web I can find listings of classical music events
in and around London? Thanks for replying.

Best,

Dr. Geoff Akst, NYC, USA
Old March 29th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Traveler

Look for the TimeOut publication when you are in London. No doubt there's a
web site also.
There are lots of concerts held in churches.

Traveler

om...

Old March 29th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Hatunen

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 01:01:33 GMT, "Traveler"
wrote:

Look for the TimeOut publication when you are in London. No doubt there's a
web site also.
There are lots of concerts held in churches.

E.g., St Martins-in-the-Fields

Old March 29th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Joan McGalliard

Geoffrey Akst wrote:

Hi. I'm a classical music buff and will be in London in late June and
in early July. Could anyone please e-mail me (at ) to
tell me where on the Web I can find listings of classical music events
in and around London? Thanks for replying.

Best,

Dr. Geoff Akst, NYC, USA

Unfortunately, it looks like you'll be here too early for the proms, but
just in case:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/

I guess ticket master is another place to look:

http://ticketmaster.co.uk/cgi/asp_ev...egory=Performi
ng_Arts

--
Joan McGalliard, UK http://www.mcgalliard.org
Old March 29th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Miss L. Toe

"Geoffrey Akst" wrote in message
om...
Hi. I'm a classical music buff and will be in London in late June and
in early July. Could anyone please e-mail me (at ) to
tell me where on the Web I can find listings of classical music events
in and around London? Thanks for replying.

Best,

Dr. Geoff Akst, NYC, USA

try googling the albert hall.

Old March 29th, 2004, 11:49 AM
The Reid

Following up to Miss L. Toe

try googling the albert hall.

also south bank , queen elizabeth hall, barbican.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old March 29th, 2004, 10:34 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Geoffrey Akst wrote:

Hi. I'm a classical music buff and will be in London in late June and
in early July. Could anyone please e-mail me (at ) to
tell me where on the Web I can find listings of classical music events
in and around London? Thanks for replying.

You might try posting your request to rec.music.classical - there are a
great many Londoners (and assorted other British nationals) who post
there.

Best,

Dr. Geoff Akst, NYC, USA